Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everybody,

Most Indian Economics graduates need to take the two year route (Diploma+Masters) to Masters in Economics, particularly in Cambridge and LSE.
    Is this an invariable policy decision or does anyone know of exceptions that have been made, where students were accepted to the one year degree?

Thanks,
    s

ReputationRep:
    yes if you are from IIT or NIT with experience/research papers

ReputationRep:
    somebody gona get hurt real bad!

ReputationRep:
    I thought the two year programmes are for those students whose undergraduate degrees were not in Economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolat321)
    I thought the two year programmes are for those students whose undergraduate degrees were not in Economics?
    You're right, but 2-3 econ grads from my college get an offer from one of these places every year, and to the 2 year programme only. i thought i'd ask if it is a policy decision to not accept indian econ students to the 1 year programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayitaintso_joe)
    You're right, but 2-3 econ grads from my college get an offer from one of these places every year, and to the 2 year programme only. i thought i'd ask if it is a policy decision to not accept indian econ students to the 1 year programme.
    Maybe it depends on how your course is structured? Where are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolat321)
    Maybe it depends on how your course is structured? Where are you studying?
    Fergusson College, its in the top 10 in India. Then again thats not saying much cause we're talking about Cambridge here. I am studying for two diplomas and a certificate to bring my econ qualifications to international standards though.
    I've also mailed the econ department at Cambridge, will post here once I get a reply.

ReputationRep:
    9 Hours Ago: 1st October 2010 02:38 #3
    Tony_Soprano1

Re: One year econ masters for Indian students?

somebody gona get hurt real bad!

this is democracy and not medieval hypocracy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.