Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Biology- OCR
    Chemistry- OCR
    History- AQA
    Maths- Edexcel
    Religious Studies- Edexcel

They're all 'hard' traditional subjects, I wanted to do 4 of them but i dont know if i'll manage, so I wanted to know what you guys got for your gcses and if you took any of the above subjects, how do you find them? are they ineresting/ hard?
    Atm at GCSE I'm getting mostly A's, +/- one grade, in all my 13 subjects that i'm doing...
    Is there any 'easier' subject that are still considered by the very good universities, as a good subject?
    I want ot study law at uni :P
    thanksssss

ReputationRep:
    I do OCR biology. Its good! I enjoy it! Its a bit tricky because they expect you to remember key words and get pretty hung up about using them, but apart from that I cant complain!
    And you got better than me in your GCSE's. I got A's, mostly B's and a C. :P

Dont do any of the other subjects though... :/

If youre wanting to do Law... dont your college/sixth form offer Law as an A-level. I know my college do..

ReputationRep:
    don't do RS, most universities just discount it

I'm doing biology OCR and maths Edexcel from your list, and they're both really good in my opinion, although difficult and time consuming. you have to be a) good at the subjects and b) prepared to work

physics OCR is really good, it's interesting, challenging but somehow the workload is low (at least at my school!) definitely worth doing, and it also looks really good

ReputationRep:
    Don't do religous studies. As said before, does the college not offer law? Try and do english if they don't offer law instead of one of the sciences, but history is pretty good as well so you don't really need english.

ReputationRep:
    umm i just started a levels im doing history, chemistry (which is interesting), maths and biology (pretty boring at the momement basically same as gcse just a little more detail) - got majority A* at gcse rest A's. Its going okay at the moment , we've got to take the welsh bac as wel. I would say do english though if you can heard its pretty popular in unis for law.

ReputationRep:
    I do Edexcel Maths. I like it, but it's hard. Well that's a lie, if you're taking it in the normal two years unlike me who took it in one, then you'll probably be fine. I found trying to do Maths in one year really stressful and took up a LOT of my free time due to the insane workload, but you might find it different. I've joined the normal Maths class to retake some A2 modules and have to say I'm finding it incredibly easy, and not just because it's my second time (because I was unprepared with some of the topics and hadn't learnt it properly, so it was like learning something new for some of the topics!)

Of course the difficulty of Maths is all dependant on the person. I got an A grade at GCSE which was too low for F. Maths in my opinion, so I've dropped down to normal and it's much easier.

ReputationRep:
    I do Chemistry Maths and they are both good and fairly easy so far uf you havea good understanding of the GCSE knowledge. If you want to study Law then don't do a Law A level becuase unis really dislike this.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.