Yayyy i got work experiiieennccceee Watch

This discussion is closed.
cherrydrops1985
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
i applied for work experience at top law firms about 3 weeks ago and ive got 2 placements, one at GruberGarrat in July and one at Pinsents in August! im excited cez i sorted it out maself and ma teachers kept telling me how no one will give me a place unless i sort it out with them, and that if i do get a place it will be crappy firms, not good ones... Well i jus proved them soooo wrong :P
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SparklLZz)
i applied for work experience at top law firms about 3 weeks ago and ive got 2 placements, one at GruberGarrat in July and one at Pinsents in August! im excited cez i sorted it out maself and ma teachers kept telling me how no one will give me a place unless i sort it out with them, and that if i do get a place it will be crappy firms, not good ones... Well i jus proved them soooo wrong :P
Well done! I love proving the teachers wrong, and then seeing their reaction.
dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well done you!
cherrydrops1985
thanxxxx the grubergarrat guy sed he might even pay me!
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Congratulations. Most people when they apply for work experience, go to like Tesco's and Asda. Well done on getting your placement! You know what you want and you went for it. Is it law that you wish to persue?
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
thanxxxx the grubergarrat guy sed he might even pay me!
hey! not bad!!
cherrydrops1985
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Congratulations. Most people when they apply for work experience, go to like Tesco's and Asda. Well done on getting your placement! You know what you want and you went for it. Is it law that you wish to persue?
yeh im going to uni in september (if god wills!) and i thought its about time i got off my fat ass and started lukkin for experience! im sooo grateful!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well done!

lou xxx
watford110
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
As long as your days aren't limited to filing and making coffee, should be a very good experience indeed!
cherrydrops1985
(Original post by watford110)
As long as your days aren't limited to filing and making coffee, should be a very good experience indeed!
he told me im gonna go to court with him, go to the prison cells, watch interviews between murderers, and one serial rapist thing thats comin up around that time! oohhh its gonna be excitiinnggg
watford110
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
he told me im gonna go to court with him, go to the prison cells, watch interviews between murderers, and one serial rapist thing thats comin up around that time! oohhh its gonna be excitiinnggg

Was it difficult to actually get the placements or did you get lucky?

I say this because I want a summer placement at any well repsected financial institution, preferably in London. I am just wondering whether i will have to resort to begging or blag my way into a placement!
cherrydrops1985
(Original post by watford110)
Was it difficult to actually get the placements or did you get lucky?

I say this because I want a summer placement at any well repsected financial institution, preferably in London. I am just wondering whether i will have to resort to begging or blag my way into a placement!
hi it wasnt exactly "difficult". i did beg. cez in my Covering Letter i wrote that i will be happy to work doing ANYTHING they give me aslong as they give me a place! so i think they figured i was pretty desperate!! i kept going on about how ie researched them and found outt heyre one of the top uk law firms and thats why i think they can give me the best quality of work experience, and how i wanna go into a legal career in the future, and how it will be a great reference for me, and how im hard working blah blah.

whatever i wrote, it obviously worked, i wudnt say i "begged-begged" but i certainly made it obvious how badly i needed it, cez im goin uni in sept 04. and i had no previous work experience in law, so i told em that, i didnt blag anything like that but i told em how id done some work in nursing homes and learn how to balance emotions when working with disaled kids, how i learnt skills of communications through doin secretarial work part time for family business thru phone and letters etc. the guy i went for an interview with sed he liked ma covering letter and CV becoz id kept to the point and made good analysis of my skills and qulaities picked up thru ma years and linked em to how i might need em in a law career...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1384)
79.54%
Leave (356)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise