Turn on thread page Beta

Stuff to bring to uni eeeeeeeeek***** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemyster)
    I've just started uni but today I saw someone who I sadly knew at secondary school and who I really never ever wanted to meet again.

I know this sounds silly but for me this is really extreme and is causing me sh1t loads of distress and from seeing someone similar to that person earlier in the week at the same hall I can infer that i'm in a rather bad situation.

This person barely knows me but past stuff was like all real extreme and stupid and it kinda threatens my whole uni experience. I'm nothing like that but with the amount of rubbish that people say at secondary school/college some ppl take it for truth.

I'm a pretty out there person so it's not like I can avoid this person forever. And as i'm also a pretty down, looking unhappy and 'weird' most of the time so crap+crap goes together and makes bullsh1t.

I'll odviously go to one of my uni consellor to help me but I just wanted to see what other students think because my views and rationaleare kinda a bit distorted in comparison to other students and more importantly this person in particular because I really just want to have nothing to do with this person.

Do I ignore this person? Do I accept my bad and explain I want no contact with them? Do I pretend I was in a car crash say 6 months ago and forgot everything? I'm seriously that desperate.
    you're going to have to rephrase many sentences you just wrote there

ReputationRep:
    Why do u hate him or her that much?

ReputationRep:
    Uni's a big place.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly did they do?

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just let the past die and start talking again?

ReputationRep:
    If they're not on your course, the chances are that you won't have to deal with them and it'll be fine.

I'd hate it if that happened to me though - there are so many people I want to leave behind when I go to uni and if they ended up being there with me, I'd not be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingBro)
    Why do u hate him or her that much?
    well i'ts rather weird but for me it's pretty bad cos it's kinda extreme and I don't know if there going to reasonable or if there gonna be all worried and stuff. I mean this person only has to say a few things to their friends or w/e + the way i appear (cos at the start of uni ppl are being very judgemental) it does realy put me at unease.

It's weird because it's in my self interest to make sure this person is ok. But approaching them might be the very opposite of what they want and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leemyster)
    I've just started uni but today I saw someone who I sadly knew at secondary school and who I really never ever wanted to meet again.

I know this sounds silly but for me this is really extreme and is causing me sh1t loads of distress and from seeing someone similar to that person earlier in the week at the same hall I can infer that i'm in a rather bad situation.

This person barely knows me but past stuff was like all real extreme and stupid and it kinda threatens my whole uni experience. I'm nothing like that but with the amount of rubbish that people say at secondary school/college some ppl take it for truth.

I'm a pretty out there person so it's not like I can avoid this person forever. And as i'm also a pretty down, looking unhappy and 'weird' most of the time so crap+crap goes together and makes bullsh1t.

I'll odviously go to one of my uni consellor to help me but I just wanted to see what other students think because my views and rationaleare kinda a bit distorted in comparison to other students and more importantly this person in particular because I really just want to have nothing to do with this person.

Do I ignore this person? Do I accept my bad and explain I want no contact with them? Do I pretend I was in a car crash say 6 months ago and forgot everything? I'm seriously that desperate.
    I totally loled at reading that. poor you

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.