Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My phonebill for last month was £110 over.. I just don't know how I do it.
    I had one a few years ago at £249 over! Yes my parents went MAD.
    Anybody else had worse phonebills in there time?

ReputationRep:
    Erm, what do you spend the money on most? You'd be better getting a contract phone, or travelling to see the people you're texting?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Had a 170 one last month

ReputationRep:
    My worst was a £30 for one drunk conversation with my brother. He was in Ireland, rang my mobile at 4am pissed to talk about pensions for an hour lol God... :rolleyes: I have PAYG though so I never usually get too over the top bills on anything.

ReputationRep:
    My worst was 200 :/ i dont know how it happened but its never been like that since thanks to my parents reaction.

That really is shocking. I spend about £50 a year on credit. Maximum.

(Original post by Alexandraxo)
    My phonebill for last month was £110 over.. I just don't know how I do it.
    I had one a few years ago at £249 over! Yes my parents went MAD.
    Anybody else had worse phonebills in there time?
    Are you on contract?

ReputationRep:
    I've never ran up a phone bill although it's probably cause I have a pay as you go phone, it makes you stingy.

ReputationRep:
    Decided to ring my sister when she was in Australia for a chat after a night out last year.

40 minute conversation set me back 90 euro.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am on contract, £15 a month for unlimited texts and 300mins but I did go on 3 holidays abroad!

ReputationRep:
    I've made my landlines bill atleast £300 we had to get it cut off.. oh dear haha

ReputationRep:
    Lol My customers often complain to me about having these huge bills usually because they end up chatting **** on their phone wasting the mins.

ReputationRep:
    On my old phone I got one for £280 pound in total. I was abroad and maybe spoke to my ex and little to much. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    About £60 back when you had to pay per minute on dial-up internet yeeeeears ago.

Girl at my work had £780 in a month cause they forgot to swap her to a smartphone data tariff.

ReputationRep:
    £10 but I knew I was going to go over. Generally I never go over my limit.

ReputationRep:
    Most I've ever spent is £15 lol. My phone's only a fiver a month though, can't even comprehend how you could spend that much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    Lol My customers often complain to me about having these huge bills usually because they end up chatting **** on their phone wasting the mins.
    Who do you work for??

ReputationRep:
    From experience in a mobile shop the most common reasons for this are:

Simply used up all your free minutes - it can be up to 35p a min to call other networks, thats £21 per hour
    Used all texts - 10p per text means £10 for every extra 100 texts sent
    Picture messages - 36p each soon adds up
    Calling 08 numbers - you pay for these around 40p a min INCLUDING 0800
    Calling 09 numbers - It's £1+ per min
    Premium rate texts - getting weather alerts and crap like that they can charge around £1 per text that you receive. You may not realise you're subsribed and often get subscribed by texting in to shortcodes on TV (eg text 81006 now to get blaa blaa blaa)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    Who do you work for??
    Carphone Warehouse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    Carphone Warehouse
    I used to work for 3. How are cpw to work for???

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.