The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
As you can see the majority doesn't agree so no.
:indiff:

THATS RACIST!
Absolutely not. The real world has men AND women working together. If going to a uni with people of the opposite gender, manage to throw you off your work, then you weren't intelligent or mature enough to go to uni and should never have gone in the first place. Stupid idea.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 103
bluebell100
I think same-gender universities would be a good idea. There are same-sex schools, so why not same-sex unis? Its a good way of maintaining modesty, chastity and focusing on work.

r u crazy?

Some of my friends went to those same-sex schools and they spent their teen years going to a parties with 2 girls for 40 boys ...nice ratio.
When we were drunk and having sex all the time. ( well not all the time but sometimes ). Which is better?
Not a good idea. No.
bluebell100
I think same-gender universities would be a good idea. There are same-sex schools, so why not same-sex unis? Its a good way of maintaining modesty, chastity and focusing on work.

Go back to whatever backwards country you came from please.

or if you're from England/USA, go back to your dark ages.
lol good luck with that one :awesome:
No way, you get same sex halls. That is enough, now scram.
MaDeenThenMaLife

but scientifically you concentrate more.... coz your not constantly worried about what the opposite gender thinks of you... its real I mean I'm in college now I see how us girls worry so much about looks/cloths/hair/makeup.... why? in girls only skwl its not as much

Oh right. Is that why eating disorders have a much higher prevalency in girls that attend female-only schools, even when controlling for socio-economic factors?

EnVogue
We already have one, it's called Imperial?

:rofl:
(edited 13 years ago)
We already have an all boys university.

It is called imperial

jks.
insignificant
Well I'm going to be the first to say, I think it's a good idea to have the odd university here and there that is segregated . I have a boyfriend of 3 years and plenty of male friends, Ive always wondered what it would be like at an all girls school, so I think it would be a good idea, for me personally. I've gone to mixed sex schools, so it would be nice to see what a single sex environment is like.

..ha
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I don't even get why people say this. I've come across seriously bitchy girls at my school, and it was a mixed school. Heck, even some of the guys were bitchy :colonhash:

Haha, obviously, having never been to a mixed secondary school, I wouldn't know. I just found it really really bitchy and as everyone always asked me if I found it a lot bitchier at an all girls school, I assumed mixed schools weren't as bad.
bluebell100

oh yes, and while we're at it, why don't we make these 'ladies' colleges' focus on home economics and primary school teaching... :rolleyes:
Reply 113
maintaining modesty, chastity and focusing on work.

i've obviously gone to uni for the opposite reasons of OP.
for gay pride there should be a few
Reply 115
Angela_Beth
......but life isn't single sex.

Mine is:frown:

Having attended a mixed sex school, and then a mixed sex university, I feel they haven't adequately prepared me for the real world where you will rarely interact with the opposite sex.

Might be something to do with my choice of career of course:p:
Reply 116
bluebell100
I'm not forcing my lifestyle choices on anyone. I'm just saying, if a same-sex uni was opened, that would be great for those, like me, who want the option of going to one.

There used to be same-sex universities/colleges, but they simply weren't as popular as mixed-sex ones. If there's sufficient demand for one - I can't imagine there is at the moment - then a private single-sex university can open.
(edited 13 years ago)
bluebell100
Its a good way of maintaining modesty, chastity and focusing on work.

Really?:hmmm:

Did you know that if a boy attended a single-sex school, he is more likely to have 'homosexual tendencies' than the boy who attended a mixed school.

Just saying....
Kolya
There used to be same-sex universities/colleges, but they simply weren't as popular as mixed-sex ones. If there's sufficient demand for one - I can't imagine there is at the moment - then a private single-sex university can open.

Cambridge University has some women-only colleges - closest to a modern version of your idea, no?
I dont think they should be. I think to segregate that much would be wrong.

Latest

Trending

Trending