Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicole_Sarah)
    Least you know you've got in then Have you applied for accommodation?
    I'm not moving out for first year, a bus into town from my house takes max 40 mins with traffic and I know people living close by so I plan on invading their houses if I get a gap in the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzaz)
    Shhh! Don't remind me lol! >_< Let me be!

OK OK I'll let you live your lie :P Will just make it all the more difficult if worst comes to worst

ReputationRep:
    My chances of Queen's are gone

Exams are by no means a test of knowledge - they are a race to who can finish before time is up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streetspirit)
    OK OK I'll let you live your lie :P Will just make it all the more difficult if worst comes to worst
    Arghh don't say that I've just had a physics exam that didn't too great, and my french exam was slightly dodgy too and arghhh I so wanted this as well! Who thought of this system?! People shouldn't have to apply to uni's until they have their exam results! It would be so much simpler! The courses could start in january to give the uni's time to decide who they want etc and then there wouldn't be the problem of you didn't get the grades. >_<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irishmonkey1992)
    Exams are by no means a test of knowledge - they are a race to who can finish before time is up!
    I agree, they are a memory test and thus the increasing shift towards coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocket0612)
    I agree, they are a memory test and thus the increasing shift towards coursework.
    I would agree until you play with maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzaz)
    Arghh don't say that I've just had a physics exam that didn't too great, and my french exam was slightly dodgy too and arghhh I so wanted this as well! Who thought of this system?! People shouldn't have to apply to uni's until they have their exam results! It would be so much simpler! The courses could start in january to give the uni's time to decide who they want etc and then there wouldn't be the problem of you didn't get the grades. >_<
    I think you actually struck gold with that idea though... although we'd likely have to go to uni all throughout the summer which would be awful (although you could manipulate the times so that it only happens in first year)

(Original post by JennyDigital)
    I'm not moving out for first year, a bus into town from my house takes max 40 mins with traffic and I know people living close by so I plan on invading their houses if I get a gap in the day
    Exact same position I'm in... but buses to town can take a lifetime with traffic occasionally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoYunEL)
    I would agree until you play with maths
    Good point, having done A-Level maths I can see where you are coming from!

ReputationRep:
    Exact same position I'm in... but buses to town can take a lifetime with traffic occasionally
    Especially if you have two of them to catch :/ don't know anyone who lives near either so can't do what your doing.. so have no idea what I'm doing for first year like! Do you think you really miss out on the social life if you live at home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellytots122)
    Especially if you have two of them to catch :/ don't know anyone who lives near either so can't do what your doing.. so have no idea what I'm doing for first year like! Do you think you really miss out on the social life if you live at home?
    I'm not sure... you'll probably have more money so can go out more often but living further away would make it harder to get there... i reckon youd be able to go to most night outs but probably miss a lot of the pre/post parties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellytots122)
    Not if you have mates near by who you could crash with on occasion!

Haven't you heard of trains? :P Botanic is a hop, skip, jump from Queens! No traffic issues, and half the Uni is on it with you

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you heard of trains? :P Botanic is a hop, skip, jump from Queens! No traffic issues, and half the Uni is on it with you
    Only works if you have a train station near you, I practically have to get a bus to get to one xD

ReputationRep:
    not only that but the train is much more expensive in comparison

ReputationRep:
    not only that but the train is much more expensive in comparison
    Not if you get a student travel card, and not if you get a multi-journey ticket!

ReputationRep:
    I must admit I have never seen the prices of student journeys, I have only seen the price of a full paying adult journey which isn't cheap! I must have a look.

ReputationRep:
    I must admit I have never seen the prices of student journeys, I have only seen the price of a full paying adult journey which isn't cheap! I must have a look.

Normally there's a third off the price, with a student card. Not your uni student card tho, which i assumed it was. Make sure you bring a passport photo and grab an application form from a bus/train station!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evilspongebob)
    Hi

I currently have an offer for BBB but it is looking like I will get ABC instead? Am I still likely to be given my placE?
    Although everyone else who has responded seems to think they are unlikely to be lenient I think they will be as my offer was ABB for Genetics and I got ABC and I still have a place. However this was last year as I have had a gap year.

Anyway keep your hopes up and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what the subject is.. Is for genetics there might be a lot of people wanting to do medicine who've put down genetics as they're insurance offer? Then if they get into medicine a place for genetics opens up on the day.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone planning to study physics or applied maths and physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James52)
    Is anyone planning to study physics or applied maths and physics?
    I'm doing Maths and CompSci, but it's all grouped in one class for all of them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.