Turn on thread page Beta

Turning 19 next week, and feeling down... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I left my school sixth form in the summer, but I go to a new college now, doing something else. Also looking for a part time job, which I've been epically failing at as well :sigh:. I haven't taken my driving test yet either, still need lots of lessons.
    so how comes you're doing another year of A-levels? (presumbly you've already done year 12 + 13 in your old sixth form)

also, did your sixth form not allow you to go back and study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    so how comes you're doing another year of A-levels? (presumbly you've already done year 12 + 13 in your old sixth form)

also, did your sixth form not allow you to go back and study?
    I changed some of the A Levels I was doing half way through sixth form, then then I didn't do well in them neither. So I gave up and I'm doing a Business Admin Course at college right now while I figure out stuff.

Thank you everyone who replied

ReputationRep:
    Hey, dont be down. You're not the only one who feels down on their birthdays..
    But i feel the same way when i turned 21 last last week. Eventhough i've achieve a lot of stuff already but i still feel down and feels like a loser because im not in UNI yet. You know, when i was 18 i feel like i will never ever have a boyfriend because im too busy with my academics and myself. When i turned 19, i met my now ex bf, MOVED IN W/ HIM a year later and been through challenges that only a husband/wife can go through, we even almost got married, its like yesterday i was just lonely/single and then all of a sudden my life became a roller coaster! Its unexpected and i had fun no matter how childish/crazy it was. You never know whats gonna happen tomorrow, all you do is enjoy what you have right now, even if you feel like you've never achieve something YET, you're too young and you have a lot of things ahead of you. Maybe tomorrow you'll meet someone who will be a big part of your life. Its ok to be worried, but you have to make sure you're also doing the things you have to do to reach your goal, if you're only worrying and not doing something about it, then you will really go nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    I sort of do now that I'm goin to uni...could've learned to play the guitar, gone out more, travelled around the world, worked out.

Its just me reflecting though...will be soon forgotten once I get to freshers week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justin Bieber)
    i am 16. my life is like a dream....i can go anywhere i want...i have enough money to go crazy!!! i like 16 cause im not too old like 19 and have regrets and stuff. sweeeet 16! im so lucky!
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Twenties are the best years of your life.

ReputationRep:
    I left my school sixth form in the summer, but I go to a new college now, doing something else. Also looking for a part time job, which I've been epically failing at as well :sigh:. I haven't taken my driving test yet either, still need lots of lessons.
    I thought I'd noticed you had gone through cleairng or something and were at another uni? I might be confusing you with someone else, but if not what happened?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I sounded a bit arrogant there. Of course, I feel down but going to new places is a good way of getting rid of that. Living in your house for a month is not natural so I need to go to uni to change. I really do.

ReputationRep:
    You''re quite a pessimistic negative person ... hasn't anything ever good happened to you?

ReputationRep:
    Set goals in 90 day bursts. i.e., "In 90 days, I want to achieve X", and set all your efforts towards it. At the end of the 90 days, see how far you've gotten, and so on.

I think your problem is more motivational than general "I suck at life", you just aren't putting the necessary effort in. Find some things you enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Now that I only have one year left of being a teenager, I realise that I really feel like I haven't made the most of my teenage years, and it's getting me down a bit. Since I was young, there were so many things I was hoping to achieve, but have failed. Eg. I still haven't passed my practical driving test (I have a serious case of nerves and slight laziness :erm: ), didn't do well at sixth form or make it into uni, still got my virginity, heck, I've not even had a proper snog before . Maybe that could all change in the next year, I dunno, I kinda give up raising my hopes. I just felt like letting off steam in a thread, whoever cares to read, lol. I'm actually just fed up of being me tbh, and getting older is so damn boring. I'm just wondering, is there anyone out there who's ever felt like this sort of way at all? And if so, anything you did to cheer yourself up about it?
    :console:

I'm sure everyone feels regrets over stuff they could've done, even if you have the image of a perfect teenage life do you think anyone has that? Quite rare to find people having everything they want without any regrets at all. You're only turning 19, even if you were 45 in this position you would still have a lot of time to make yourself happy in life. And you gotta think about people who don't have anything you have.

ReputationRep:
    Be thankful your teens are nearly over! IMO they are the most over rated period of time. I'm 26 now and my 20s (mid 20s specifically 23+) have been the best time of my life so far. I fully expect my 30s to over take them tho. Just live life for today, your way. No point setting targets or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLyther)
    Dude im 19! dont come here it's horrible!!!!!

next year i will be 20! i will enter my ******* 20's noooooo
    Haha im 20 in just over a month goes downhill from there!

ReputationRep:
    You've built up quite a reputation on TSR though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP1989)
    Yes, the highlight of all our lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehhh.....hi.)
    I thought I'd noticed you had gone through cleairng or something and were at another uni? I might be confusing you with someone else, but if not what happened?
    Erm, that wasn't me, I never even applied to uni. I was going to this year, but I think I'm leaving it for now.

ReputationRep:
    You have a year to change all of that then don't you, best get cracking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubJub211)
    You''re quite a pessimistic negative person ... hasn't anything ever good happened to you?
    Lol, you're right. Funny thing is though, I used to be quite an optimistic person when I was younger, but then I got to 16/17 and it went a bit downhill following certain disappointments. Good things have happened to me as well though, I should probably remember that instead on dwelling on the bad memories, that's true. Even though you're permabanned lol, it's nice you prompted me to think about these things

(Original post by venal)
    Set goals in 90 day bursts. i.e., "In 90 days, I want to achieve X", and set all your efforts towards it. At the end of the 90 days, see how far you've gotten, and so on.

I think your problem is more motivational than general "I suck at life", you just aren't putting the necessary effort in. Find some things you enjoy.
    That sounds like a good idea, thank you. I'd actually been meaning to try and start doing more drawing and art, it's been a hobby of mine since childhood but I've been crazily lazy about it lately. Hopefully I can change that around, maybe today even :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Twenties are the best years of your life.
    (Original post by dita_parlo)
    Be thankful your teens are nearly over! IMO they are the most over rated period of time. I'm 26 now and my 20s (mid 20s specifically 23+) have been the best time of my life so far. I fully expect my 30s to over take them tho. Just live life for today, your way. No point setting targets or whatever.
    I really hope so! Thanks, that's quite encouraging

(Original post by AP1989)
    :lol: true. I think that's another problem I have; I come on here way too much. I should block myself from going on certain sites for more than an hour a day, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    You have a year to change all of that then don't you, best get cracking.
    Yep, true :yep:

Your icon reminds me of Ray William Johnson's show, and your title reminds me of La Roux :awesome:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.