Turn on thread page Beta

Turning 19 next week, and feeling down... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Yep, true :yep:

Your icon reminds me of Ray William Johnson's show, and your title reminds me of La Roux :awesome:
    Yours reminds me of Lady Gaga.

Hey, I was in a similar situation a year ago when I was your age...I'd failed 2 driving tests (have since passed, on my 5th attempt) which made me feel rubbish, had never been kissed or had a boyfriend (the latter's still true, but I've since had my first 'kiss'-which was rubbish-and first real kiss-which was only about a week ago, with 2 different guys...unfortunately I was never interested in the first guy and the 2nd is like my best friend and just wants fun, but hey, that's another story). In short, one day it WILL happen, if you're that bothered about being single get to know some more guys on your course or something, become friends and see how things progress from there? Easier said than done, I know, but...yeah.

I'd done well in my A-Levels and am now at a great uni, though I've struggled a bit socially and 1st year exams etc didn't go too well so I'm slightly worried about my uni life even though generally it's great . I have no idea where my life is heading which really worries me, everything's so uncertain. But when I think about it, I've progressed quite a lot in the last year or so...I've become more self-confident, more independant, made lots of new friends, and the stuff I've already mentioned. A lot of it has been down to being at uni admittedly, but yeah.

I think the 90-day-targets is a good idea. As venal said, your problem does seem motivational, and a matter of confidence perhaps. You need to think more positively, think of the good things in life and think of what you want to achieve and work towards those goals. Don't put too much pressure on yourself though, but if you put your mind towards certain goals, with enough determination and motivation you can achieve them. :hugs: don't worry about it, you WILL achieve some goals, it's just a case of time. You're still young, and have a lot of time

ReputationRep:
    um, dont turn 19?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Erm, that wasn't me, I never even applied to uni. I was going to this year, but I think I'm leaving it for now.
    ohh okay sorry i've got you mixed up with someone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.