Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First date with a girl I've not yet met... Watch

Going to the cinema at the weekend with a girl from college who I have known since yesterday, but I've not yet talked to her in the flesh. She added me on FB and we really hit it off. Texting her today, I asked her out to see a film and she said yes.

I'm just worried that it'll be really awkward... It's fine texting her - I'm good at texting. I just seem to freeze up a bit in one-to-one situations with girls and I lose the confidence I usually have when I've got a wing man, so to speak.

Anyone got any tips for going it alone?

ReputationRep:
    Just be yourself and relax, treat her like a friend

ReputationRep:
    It's cheesy but be yourself! If you want to find a girl who will like you for who you are, you have to show her who you are! good luck!

ReputationRep:
    The good thing is (bit of a bad thing as well) that you don't talk in a cinema so no need to worry about freezing. Only need to talk to her when your going there and taking her back home. Just ask her questions about her self, get to know her as thats sort of the point of a first date.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, talk about everything, dont be afraid to hold back! See it as talking to your sister (but dont be thinking of your sister!) or talking to a mate.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.