Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thought it might be interesting to see some benchmark results posted in here

To take part, search "Quadrant" in the Android Marketplace and download "Quadrant Standard". Run the full benchmark and then post your result here, along with your phone model and Android version (Settings > About), as well as anything you've done that might have made it slower/faster.

Samsung Galaxy S - Android 2.1 - 2298
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm in on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I'm in on this.
    Post your result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coda)
    Post your result
    Ditto. I'd like to see a photo of that. I don't know how your device is getting such a high score unless you've just rooted it with a full wipe.

My Desire with SENSE UI running 2.2 Leedroid is getting 1432.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Né Stig)
    Ditto. I'd like to see a photo of that. I don't know how your device is getting such a high score unless you've just rooted it with a full wipe.

My Desire with SENSE UI running 2.2 Leedroid is getting 1432.
    My phone’s rooted, but that’s it.

The Galaxy S is a powerhouse. Way faster than any of the phones on the market at the moment. Absolutely tears through the 2D and 3D graphics tests.

Image is a screenshot that’s a little bit below my initial test, but still relatively good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coda)
    My phone’s rooted, but that’s it.

The Galaxy S is a powerhouse. Way faster than any of the phones on the market at the moment. Absolutely tears through the 2D and 3D graphics tests.

Image is a screenshot that’s a little bit below my initial test, but still relatively good

Ignore the strange colours. It seems like the colours inverted when the screenshot was taken

ReputationRep:
    Galaxy s > 1944 rooted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mprules)
    Galaxy s > 1944 rooted
    Are you implying that rooting the phone, on its self, provides a performance boost? All rooting does is allow you to have root access on the phone, nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    My Hero gets just about the same as a standard Xperia X10, though I currently cannot prove that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coda)
    Are you implying that rooting the phone, on its self, provides a performance boost? All rooting does is allow you to have root access on the phone, nothing more.
    Nope just Declaring the state of my device when i ran the test incase others question which rom etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    My Hero gets just about the same as a standard Xperia X10, though I currently cannot prove that.
    No need to prove

POST MOAR RESULTS PEOPLE!!

ReputationRep:
    Samsung Galaxy S, running JM5, about 2200

Just to point out.. the quadrant scores are pretty meaningless. Phones such as the htc desire are a little faster in use than even a rooted lag-fixed Galaxy S. The score is artifically boosted on quadrant because of the weighting of the tests with regards to I/O. In real use tests the galaxy is slower by a tiny bit.

The fastest phone is still the nexus one with froyo, due to its JIT compiler.

However.... in gameing (the only time the faster GPU of the galaxy s is used), the galaxy s plays open GL games much muc more smoother than the snapdragon based phones.

ReputationRep:
    If you look at this chart, you can see the breakdown of the speed test. The lag-fix moves data to an improved file-system to sort out the horrible lagging of a standard galaxy s. This inadvertently massively boosts the read/write times in the quadrant test, even tho in real life use the phone isnt any faster than a HTC Desire (altho it does fix the lag problem of the galaxy)

If you loo at the break down you can see the Nexus one with 2.2 has increased CPU performance.. something that is relavent and makes the phone faster in use

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.