Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am doing my A levels in 3 subjects psychology, ICT and Business. ICT and Business are OCR Nationals Level 3, will universities accept this as an actual A level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maazzy)
    I am doing my A levels in 3 subjects psychology, ICT and Business. ICT and Business are OCR Nationals Level 3, will universities accept this as an actual A level.
    Hi there,

I'm currently doing 3 A levels worth of that diploma - 18 units, 3 a level equivalent. I was pretty apprehensive about uni at first, however I'm about to apply and I'm pretty confident. You might want to look here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...52&postcount=5

This person got into Durham with it, so it clearly counts for something The only problem is, you only get points and not grades and the best universities don't like that Just depends where you want to go really, I emailed Kent to see if they'd accept it and they said they'd happily receive my application... I don't know if you're intending to go somewhere better than that though

Basically, a good thing to do is email the universities you're interested in and ask - I got replies within a couple of days

ReputationRep:
    top 5 won't accept

the rest will take in consideration depending on your reference and PS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    Hi there,

I'm currently doing 3 A levels worth of that diploma - 18 units, 3 a level equivalent. I was pretty apprehensive about uni at first, however I'm about to apply and I'm pretty confident. You might want to look here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...52&postcount=5

This person got into Durham with it, so it clearly counts for something The only problem is, you only get points and not grades and the best universities don't like that Just depends where you want to go really, I emailed Kent to see if they'd accept it and they said they'd happily receive my application... I don't know if you're intending to go somewhere better than that though

Basically, a good thing to do is email the universities you're interested in and ask - I got replies within a couple of days
    well im thinking of applying to UCL University college London, but yeah i was thinking to e-mail the universities and ask.

ReputationRep:
    well im thinking of applying to UCL University college London, but yeah i was thinking to e-mail the universities and ask.
    To be honest, I've never considered a diploma to be an equivalent to A levels as traditionally A levels were the academic choice. However, recently I've not been so sure as I've seen people get into some great universities with them.. the only problem is, no one can categorically say either way and the best answer you may get is simply that they'll consider you.

That whole paragraph probably wasn't much help, but until I've got offers I'm going to remain sceptical I'm afraid. Best bet though is to email the places you're looking at so that you can at least find out if it is pointless applying or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    To be honest, I've never considered a diploma to be an equivalent to A levels as traditionally A levels were the academic choice. However, recently I've not been so sure as I've seen people get into some great universities with them.. the only problem is, no one can categorically say either way and the best answer you may get is simply that they'll consider you.

That whole paragraph probably wasn't much help, but until I've got offers I'm going to remain sceptical I'm afraid. Best bet though is to email the places you're looking at so that you can at least find out if it is pointless applying or not!

lol you are helping a little by telling me what other people have done thanks....i have e-mailed some uni's and awaiting answers from some, my teacher from school has told me most uni's should accept this :confused: you are right no point applying some where and i will be rejected straight away. thanks

ReputationRep:
    A range of universities consider BTEC's and vocational qualifications; they are never ruled out. However universities such as Oxford and Cambridge will not accept BTEC's or any other vocational qualification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSonic_2009)
    A range of universities consider BTEC's and vocational qualifications; they are never ruled out. However universities such as Oxford and Cambridge will not accept BTEC's or any other vocational qualification.

thanks... I'm starting to feel more confident about this

ReputationRep:
    thanks... I'm starting to feel more confident about this
    good! stay postive as well!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.