Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    okay going paintballing this weekend - haven't got the foggiest what to wear!!! Honestly theres a guy going that im interested in so id like to look nice but at the same time i am paintballing :L so help - what should i wear!!!

also do they give you shoes to wear?? i know a lot of places give you the outfits - sorta assuming you get the shoes aswell? (was hoping to wear heels while were not paintballing because i am really short )

thanks you

ReputationRep:
    Just talking about this to my brother in law to be last weekend, he used to run a paintball site.

ideally you want camoflage gear and some boots with a good grip, but anything that's loose would do - cos it hurts less when you get shot.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, pretty much stuff you don't mind getting dirty. Most places give you a uniform to protect your clothes, but they are normally quite thin and paint still comes through slightly

ReputationRep:
    You really need a suit of armour. Paintball can hurt a lot!

ReputationRep:
    were sensible shoes and some protective clothes, 'cos boy the paint-balls can hurt!!

ReputationRep:
    Most places will give you a camo boiler suit or some form of clothing. I would say wear whatever you dont mind getting dirty and a pair of boots are a must! Also most places will not give out shoes/boots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NicoleG13)
    okay going paintballing this weekend - haven't got the foggiest what to wear!!! Honestly theres a guy going that im interested in so id like to look nice but at the same time i am paintballing :L so help - what should i wear!!!

also do they give you shoes to wear?? i know a lot of places give you the outfits - sorta assuming you get the shoes aswell? (was hoping to wear heels while were not paintballing because i am really short )

thanks you
    something practical and thin as the overalls get really hot, you wear your own shoes, try normal trainers that you wear for sports, something that would be practical if you're in a war zone

Yeah most do not supply the boots. Don't wear anything to heavy because you will get really warm.

ReputationRep:
    Vest and shorts? :P

ReputationRep:
    Although if you are going for a boys benefit, bikinis go down well...

on a serious note, then comfy (camo coloured) clothes, cover all skin, GOOD FOOTWEAR! is essential!

Most of all HAVE FUN

ReputationRep:
    You get given overalls at the site so wear whatever underneath.
    Would suggest wearing a something thick though as the first ball that hits is a killer, but then adrenaline takes over.
    By the end, if you're still looking good, then you havent experienced proper paintball. You will sweat like a blind lesbian in a fishmongers.

ReputationRep:

thanks you
    When I've been you don't get a full "outfit", just a boiler suit to go over what you're wearing. Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty/torn as you'll be crawling through mud and over rocks, trees etc etc. When I've been I've worn a pair of old baggy jeans, a t-shirt and a hoody.

Wear walking boots or builder style boots or a pair of trainers that you don't mind getting ruined if you don't have any boots.

ReputationRep:
    Tell you what - if it's a full day you'll use something like 500 paintballs. if the place does a bulk deal on painballs you could try split 1000 with him when you get there.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wear some nice trousers, preferably black shoes, should be leather. A nice shirt and skinny tie combo is also recommended.

ReputationRep:
    You should wear protective clothing, and makesure no one hits you too close cos when i went i got hit at very close range and i bruise like a peach!!!!

ReputationRep:
    don't wear heels to a paintball place. use your brain.

ReputationRep:

thanks you

You may get overalls but they will be thin if you do and their main purpose is to stop your clothes getting paint/mud on them. Don't bother with camouflage as the overalls you are given may have it anyway. Besides you may get a coloured mask / armband / hopper to show which team you are on all of which can make you stand out easily anyway.

Go with jogging bottoms / combat trousers rather than jeans so you are comfy and can move easier.

Wear a few loose top layers to keep you warm. (It also causes more bounces whereby the paintball bounces off you rather than breaking and leaving a mark. At some sites it means you can still stay in the game if it just bounces). You could wear a hoody, some people put the hood up to cover their head. I'd advise against this though as it can make the seal of the mask you will be wearing worse which means it could steam up easier making it difficult to see.

Wear gloves especially if its cold. You can often buy gloves on site specifically for paintballing that are just like ordinary cotton gloves but have a plastic layer on the outside which absorb a lot of the force of the pantball if hit. They are normally quite cheap about £5 and are worthwhile. You can use them again too. If you do use them it may be a good idea to cut the end off the top 2 fingers of the gloves which you intend to be your trigger fingers. Otherwise the glove can get caught on the trigger guard which is annoying.

High heels aren't practical due to the nature of paintballing, especially if you are outside as it will make it even easier to trip. Wear trainers / some good walking boots. They will likely get pitted if you go somewhere outside, also wear some thick-ish socks that you are prepared to get muddy.

Final note- if it is yours or the boy's birthday, don't let the Marshals running the paintball site know...

ReputationRep:
    Any old shizzle you don't mind fooking up

I'd suggest being smart (unlike me) and taking a pair of gloves, stings like a [email protected]

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

thanks you
    Well they give you a boiler suit normally to wear. Otherwise wear things you don't mind getting dirty, with some trainers at least. I would go for boots personally. And if you do get given the boiler suit, just remember that you will be getting hot and sweaty inside it and so you probably want something that isn't too insulating. It's good fun though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.