Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I cooked myself some chicken today that could have been a little undercooked and now I'm worried that I'll get food poisoning so I was wondering if there was anything that I can do now to maybe make the effects not as bad or reduce the likelyhood of becoming ill.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you're an otherwise healthy individual the risks are small, unless it was seriously undercooked or past its best. There's nothing you can do to conteract it, I think. If you find yourself vomiting lots in the next couple of days then go to the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Rub a crow on your stomach and bury it under the nearest tree for 3 evenings. If it is alive when you dig it up, you must eat it. If it's dead, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing you can do now. I wouldn't worry though. Like MrsShifty said, unless it was really undercooked you should survive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Nothing you can do now. I wouldn't worry though. Like MrsShifty said, unless it was really undercooked you should survive.
    Just to clarify that in case you're already panicking - you should survive no matter how undercooked it was; if you get food poisoning you'll spend a lot of time on the toilet and might want to see a doctor, but it's not the end of your life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fysidiko)
    Just to clarify that in case you're already panicking - you should survive no matter how undercooked it was; if you get food poisoning you'll spend a lot of time on the toilet and might want to see a doctor, but it's not the end of your life!
    Yeah I know, I've had it before. Just not really an experience I want to repeat.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, it's good for your immune system.

You ask me all this fancy food hygeine is stupid, makes your more succeptable to food poisoning, weak immune system.
    If you get vomiting and diahorrea, don't bother with the doctors unless you start getting any serious symptoms (blood in stool/ vomit for one). Theres nothing a doctor can really do, just recommend you drink lots of fluids and know you will eventually get better. It's a drain on NHS resources.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.