Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The threads a bit misleading as i'm not a sado (OMG FML <-- one of those guys) i just dob't know what job i should get, what university course i should choose(nevermind what uni) or even what work experience to do. Any ideas or suggestions on what i should do??

A brief outline of me to help with your helping (i dont care if u think i'm cheesy)

GCSE: 2A* 9A

A-Level subjects: Maths
    Further Maths
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Business Studies

Predicted for this year, im in Lower Sixth (Year 12?): Maths A* (A-level)
    Chemistry A (AS)
    Physics A (AS)
    Business A (AS)

I'm quite sporty, i play for the school 1st XI (Hockey, btw i'm a boy and i don't care if its for girls, **** you) i also play golf (handicap 12). I do Duke of Edinburgh and other stuff. I don't know why this is relevant but i have already wrote it so.............. Any Ideas

ReputationRep:
    I'd wait until the end of your AS year until you start deciding. Just take it slow because you're only going to get stressed. Continue doing extra things like D of E (I did it) etc and you'll be fine.

You will know your strongest field and what you most enjoy too after the work is done for the summer next year.

ReputationRep:
    What are you more interested in? You've said Business, Maths, Physics and Chemistry - would you think you'd like to work in business/finance more than a career focused on chemistry/science? Would you like to get into some kind of sports science if you like sport? (I'm guessing no on the sport option but...) Some kind of engineering? I have no idea what you need for business or engineering but thought I'd put it out there! Also think about if you want to work with people (a previous mistake on my part for my degree! ).

ReputationRep:
    With these grades, Oxbridge?
    That'll open many doors for you in life and then you can do many things. Any idea what kind of degree you want to do? Science? Humanities?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.