The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think the bigger problem will be finding a suitable girl willing to get engaged at such a young age - Unles your vying for one of the 'old country' girls?
Reply 21
Does your university have an active Islamic society? Get involved if it does, you can mingle with other people in the same situation.
I don't understand why you would want to get engaged unless you already know somebody you want to get engaged to/wants to get engaged to you. Also some people have the nikah, and then have like a big wedding ceremony later. That way, you are obviously technically married to the person so its okay to spend time alone with them etc.
i made a profile just to answer you so here goes...1, dont listen to the guys telling u forget religion. as Allah says, For you is your religion and for me is miine. surah kaafiroon. 2. yhh it could be a good idea to get engaged if you know it will stop you from being affected by all the fitnah and temptations etc... speak to your parents and tell them of the situation and take it from there. u sound like a good guywith honest intentions, and May Allah make it all easy for you.
Reply 23
Why don't you just learn how to say no? So what if people try to persuade you to do things? It's called having some courage in your convictions.
East End Gooner
i made a profile just to answer you so here goes...1, dont listen to the guys telling u forget religion. as Allah says, For you is your religion and for me is miine. surah kaafiroon. 2. yhh it could be a good idea to get engaged if you know it will stop you from being affected by all the fitnah and temptations etc... speak to your parents and tell them of the situation and take it from there. u sound like a good guywith honest intentions, and May Allah make it all easy for you.

p.s do the nikah too first so its halal for you to talk to the girl, otherwise its still going to be a sin for talking to her.
Someone else mentioned it but I guess you could have a nikah, and then have a wedding later on. This way it wouldn't be Haraam and you don't have to move in together until after you finish your degree.

I think if I was in your position that's what I'd do. InshAllah it all works out for you though :h:
Reply 26
Anonymous
I would have went to the ask a muslim thread but i cant be anon there so here goes:

I'm 18 muslim, and at uni and ever since at uni theres been lots of temptations to go clubbing,partying with my friends and basically enter a relationship and stuff...

There is a personality clash i have between my persona which i had before as a devout muslim and the temptations which i am now faced with, so i came with a possible solution...

So my question is this: I cant get married until i get my degree, as thats how asians go by things, so i'm thinking erm can i engaged to someone for the duration of 4 years and then marry them? Is this a good idea?

That way i can tell any girl that im not interested as im engaged and can turn down peer pressure ( from other so called muslim players regarding girls) plus i'll have peace of mind knowing ill be with that girl after a duration of time....

Thanks...
As you're an immigrant then go back to Asia and stay there. Now roll up your mat and go away.:eek:
Reply 27
You do know that there are a lot of Islamic forums where you can go and ask these questions right?

Or maybe you are just trolling.
Justin Bieber
lol dude...listen to some silly story some guy made up 1000000000000000 years ago or life your life....nothing will happen if you break those rules...omg a curse of allah...

hope you enjoy the neg-rep bieb-meister
East End Gooner
p.s do the nikah too first so its halal for you to talk to the girl, otherwise its still going to be a sin for talking to her.

Dont make Islam sound so backward.Its not haram to talk to a girl as long as you talk in a decent manner without any flirting or anything.Its all about intention.
Reply 30
She_Bittersweet
Dont make Islam sound so backward.Its not haram to talk to a girl as long as you talk in a decent manner without any flirting or anything.Its all about intention.

indeed

And there is no sin upon you if you openly propose marriage to these women, or you keep it between yourselves. Allah knows that you will be thinking of them, but do not meet them secretly, unless you have something righteous to discuss... [2:235]

http://www.misconceptions-about-islam.com/man-woman-alone-together.htm
Reply 31
Do whatever you want.

But I tell you now, if you feel that being engaged is going to stop you being curious about drinking, partying and sex, you're dead wrong.

(But don't tell my fiancée :ninja: )
Anonymous
I would have went to the ask a muslim thread but i cant be anon there so here goes:

I'm 18 muslim, and at uni and ever since at uni theres been lots of temptations to go clubbing,partying with my friends and basically enter a relationship and stuff...

There is a personality clash i have between my persona which i had before as a devout muslim and the temptations which i am now faced with, so i came with a possible solution...

So my question is this: I cant get married until i get my degree, as thats how asians go by things, so i'm thinking erm can i engaged to someone for the duration of 4 years and then marry them? Is this a good idea?

That way i can tell any girl that im not interested as im engaged and can turn down peer pressure ( from other so called muslim players regarding girls) plus i'll have peace of mind knowing ill be with that girl after a duration of time....

Thanks...

go out and have fun, you don't need to have alcohol to have a good time. And stop following a old book that out of date
Reply 33
Naffy
And what is the point of clubbing, people (well guys) just go there to get smashed off alcohol, or the hope for promiscous/casual sex. Both Which will harm you and lead you astray in life and from Islam.

Some* do that, yes, many also go to enjoy the music, have a dance with their friends etc. Totally up to you what you do in a club, if pulling a girl for a one night stand isn't your thing, then don't do it!
Live your own life, don't be so sad.
Reply 35
This is an inadvertently hilarious thread.
Reply 36
Dude why are you asking a forum of free thinkers with their own opinion?

You need to go to some muslim forum where everyone thinks exactly the same thing so you can hear what you want to hear.
ManAbout
You do know that there are a lot of Islamic forums where you can go and ask these questions right?

Or maybe you are just trolling.

Just what I was thinking. Why ask Islamic questions on TSR? You are a troll or not very smart.
(edited 13 years ago)
To all those who have nothin better 2 do than post on student room 2 threads irrelevant to them, why dnt jus leave it instead of insultin a religion which u nothing about, Our lord is watchin us and our actions, how can u insult the one who feeds u? Allah is the most just and says that even the ppl in the hell fire will say Allah is just, we were wrong, please can we hav hav a chance to go bck and do whts right, but no u will not be given a chance, All I can say is that regret is wht u will feel after you die, read the books and about the life of our messenger peace be upon him and his companions as surely his sallalahualayhi wassalam was the best way, Islam is a beautiful way of life & nothin like wht is portrayed in the media May Allah guide you:o:
thewiseone
hope you enjoy the neg-rep bieb-meister

:yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :yep: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ullo ka patha LOL!

Latest

Trending

Trending