Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If Oxford only see your predicted A levels and not your AS grades, then surely someone with AABC at AS who gets predicted AAA at A level -because they have dropped the subject they have got a C in and have agreed to a retake to move the B graded subject to an A - looks just as good on paper (in terms of grades) as someone applying with AAAA at AS level.

Why don't Oxford ask to see your AS levels? It seems unfair to me..

Edit: Woopsy... feel free to move this into the grade thread

ReputationRep:
    Oxford still have their own admission tests (for a lot of courses)
    A candidate still has to prove themselves on there, even if they have fantastic AS results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshW7)
    If Oxford only see your predicted A levels and not your AS grades, then surely someone with AABC at AS who gets predicted AAA at A level -because they have dropped the subject they have got a C in and have agreed to a retake to move the B graded subject to an A - looks just as good on paper (in terms of grades) as someone applying with AAAA at AS level.

Why don't Oxford ask to see your AS levels? It seems unfair to me..

Edit: Woopsy... feel free to move this into the grade thread
    Can't people choose to provide their AS grades, if they want to? So if you were especially proud of your AAAA at AS and were keen to look better than the AABC candidates, you could provide them for Oxford anyway? I'm sure that was an option when I applied.

I don't think it makes a huge difference, to be honest. Maybe it's mildly unfair, but I don't think the AAAA student would necessarily be more deserving of a place at Oxford than the AABC student.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by bysshe)
    I don't think it makes a huge difference, to be honest. Maybe it's mildly unfair, but I don't think the AAAA student would necessarily be more deserving of a place at Oxford than the AABC student.
    Not mildy unfair at all :nah:

(I'm not biased. Honest :ninja: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Not mildy unfair at all :nah:

(I'm not biased. Honest :ninja: )
    Haha, that's okay. I did say mildly, not really. I don't even care either way, but I'm just counting the days till I'm back at Oxford and wasting time replying to threads I'm not really interested in. :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by bysshe)
    Haha, that's okay. I did say mildly, not really. I don't even care either way, but I'm just counting the days till I'm back at Oxford and wasting time replying to threads I'm not really interested in.
    Tiz always good fun :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad they only ask for predicted grades, i got aabbbc at AS (one B was due to coursework being wrongly marked though). For courses like Physics, more can be found out about you via the admission tests.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.