Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you go out now that you are at uni? Watch

How often do you go out now that you are at uni? What do you usually do when you go out?

Does anyone here not like clubbing?

I feel like crap because I don't know if I will have a good social life at uni. I did not have much of a childhood, I am 19 years old now and I never made the most out of my teenage years.

Also were the friends you made at uni the kind of friends that you will keep in touch with and stay close to for many years even even after you do not study at the same uni anymore? I didn't make lasting friendships with anybody from school or college and I hope this will be different at university. My dad has a close group of like 10-12 friends who have all known each other since they were teenagers until now in their 50s, they see each other on a daily basis and are like brothers! I really wish I could develop a group of friends like that.

ReputationRep:
    Went out in first year to strengthen friendships, which worked. Cba to go out this year to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to go out when asked.. but if I can't be bothered I won't. I've made all my friends on my course.. so we just go to the pub after lectures n stuff. I like that

ReputationRep:
    Me and my housemates have only been out one - we're pretty happy just to stay in and watch Sex and the City together so far!

ReputationRep:
    It depends, the first week I went out every night clubbing, but now I have more friends I prefer to head to the pub or to the beach, and only have a 'heavy' night out once a week with the athletic union; and if there is something fun going on then that too! But do not worry whichever way- if you like going out then you will find plenty of others who do, but if you do not then you will also find plenty like you! There is no pressure, you meet tonnes of people anyway, so do not worry at all about it.

ReputationRep:
    Never, I just stay in my room unless i'm shopping or something.

ReputationRep:
    For the people's at uni, how often do you go out a week, 2-3 times?

ReputationRep:
    I don't go out. Didn't go out before I got to uni, don't go out now that I am at uni. No social life whatsoever to speak of.

University doesn't make people go out more, its all up to you whether you go out or not. Sure, there might be more opportunities in uni to go out but only if you do something about it will they be realized.

ReputationRep:
    Usually twice a week, but it's been a bit more than that at the moment because it's the start of the year. I'm very reliant on other people to make me go out though - if someone else didn't ask me to go out, I doubt I ever would because I never organise anything. It's not that I don't like going out - I'll never say no to an invitation to go out - but I'm too scared of rejection! I'm just lucky I've met people who do drag me out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.