Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I get into Royal Holloway with a BTEC? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing a BTEC and I have managed to get all distinctions last year and I will be getting distinctions this year too. So in the end I will have a DDD but my problem is that I've only got a C in maths GCSE and their requirements say B!!!!!!! I can't redo because I'm redoing English. :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    i presume its IT? ( bit more information) and i have heard people do get it with BTEC and people do get offers, however if the course is very competitive they might put your application to the side, because your need the basic's to be offer place, i m only going on what i ve seen in the thread's, however to put your mind at rest send them email ? ( based on if your talking about computer science) What units are doing in the BTEC do you know because it could be compensated if your doing any Math Modules?

hahah ps i will be applying for Royal in 2011 as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylesXD)
    i presume its IT? ( bit more information) and i have heard people do get it with BTEC and people do get offers, however if the course is very competitive they might put your application to the side, because your need the basic's to be offer place, i m only going on what i ve seen in the thread's, however to put your mind at rest send them email ? ( based on if your talking about computer science) What units are doing in the BTEC do you know because it could be compensated if your doing any Math Modules?

hahah ps i will be applying for Royal in 2011 as well
    heh, thanks and yeah it's IT and I'm doing Unit 17 (or something like that) and that's a maths unit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihello)
    I'm currently doing a BTEC and I have managed to get all distinctions last year and I will be getting distinctions this year too. So in the end I will have a DDD but my problem is that I've only got a C in maths GCSE and their requirements say B!!!!!!! I can't redo because I'm redoing English. :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
    A requirement is a requirement, I'm afraid.

You can try calling admissions to double check, though.

ReputationRep:
    heh, thanks and yeah it's IT and I'm doing Unit 17 (or something like that) and that's a maths unit.
    Unit 17: Mathematics for IT Practitioners ?

then you might have chance then, this would have to be distinction to have any clear chance though, email them and saying you are doing this unit it might make the differences

ReputationRep:
    retake maths gcse. would take a weeks revision. simples

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylesXD)
    Unit 17: Mathematics for IT Practitioners ?

then you might have chance then, this would have to be distinction to have any clear chance though, email them and saying you are doing this unit it might make the differences
    Yeah that's the one.

(Original post by bmt)
    retake maths gcse. would take a weeks revision. simples
    My college is gay and they say there are no more spaces for maths classes. Is it possible to take the exam without taking any classes? Plus a friend of mine is retaking and the teacher (head of maths from what my friend said) told him and the class in general that he will teach them up to a grade C standard and if they want to do the higher paper they will have to teach themselves... like wtf? lol

ReputationRep:
    My college is gay and they say there are no more spaces for maths classes. Is it possible to take the exam without taking any classes? Plus a friend of mine is retaking and the teacher (head of maths from what my friend said) told him and the class in general that he will teach them up to a grade C standard and if they want to do the higher paper they will have to teach themselves... like wtf? lol
    Oh, your school sounds crap (no offence). Yeah I think it's more than possible to self teach it, just get a text book and work through it in your spare time then get some past papers and you're sorted.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.