The Student Room Group

Can I get into Royal Holloway with a BTEC?

I'm currently doing a BTEC and I have managed to get all distinctions last year and I will be getting distinctions this year too. So in the end I will have a DDD but my problem is that I've only got a C in maths GCSE and their requirements say B!!!!!!! I can't redo because I'm redoing English. :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :frown::frown:
Reply 1
i presume its IT? ( bit more information) and i have heard people do get it with BTEC and people do get offers, however if the course is very competitive they might put your application to the side, because your need the basic's to be offer place, i m only going on what i ve seen in the thread's, however to put your mind at rest send them email ? ( based on if your talking about computer science) What units are doing in the BTEC do you know because it could be compensated if your doing any Math Modules?

hahah ps i will be applying for Royal in 2011 as well :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
MylesXD
i presume its IT? ( bit more information) and i have heard people do get it with BTEC and people do get offers, however if the course is very competitive they might put your application to the side, because your need the basic's to be offer place, i m only going on what i ve seen in the thread's, however to put your mind at rest send them email ? ( based on if your talking about computer science) What units are doing in the BTEC do you know because it could be compensated if your doing any Math Modules?

hahah ps i will be applying for Royal in 2011 as well :biggrin:

heh, thanks and yeah it's IT and I'm doing Unit 17 (or something like that) and that's a maths unit. :smile:
hihello
I'm currently doing a BTEC and I have managed to get all distinctions last year and I will be getting distinctions this year too. So in the end I will have a DDD but my problem is that I've only got a C in maths GCSE and their requirements say B!!!!!!! I can't redo because I'm redoing English. :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :frown::frown:

A requirement is a requirement, I'm afraid.

You can try calling admissions to double check, though.
Reply 4
hihello
heh, thanks and yeah it's IT and I'm doing Unit 17 (or something like that) and that's a maths unit. :smile:

Unit 17: Mathematics for IT Practitioners ?

then you might have chance then, this would have to be distinction to have any clear chance though, email them and saying you are doing this unit it might make the differences
Reply 5
retake maths gcse. would take a weeks revision. simples
Reply 6
MylesXD
Unit 17: Mathematics for IT Practitioners ?

then you might have chance then, this would have to be distinction to have any clear chance though, email them and saying you are doing this unit it might make the differences

Yeah that's the one.

bmt
retake maths gcse. would take a weeks revision. simples

My college is gay and they say there are no more spaces for maths classes. Is it possible to take the exam without taking any classes? Plus a friend of mine is retaking and the teacher (head of maths from what my friend said) told him and the class in general that he will teach them up to a grade C standard and if they want to do the higher paper they will have to teach themselves... like wtf? lol
Reply 7
hihello

My college is gay and they say there are no more spaces for maths classes. Is it possible to take the exam without taking any classes? Plus a friend of mine is retaking and the teacher (head of maths from what my friend said) told him and the class in general that he will teach them up to a grade C standard and if they want to do the higher paper they will have to teach themselves... like wtf? lol

Oh, your school sounds crap (no offence). Yeah I think it's more than possible to self teach it, just get a text book and work through it in your spare time then get some past papers and you're sorted.

Latest

Trending

Trending