Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Recently got a Barclays Black Card.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So my Dad recently upgraded me to a Barclays Premium Banking "Black" Card...

I know of the First-Class Airport lounges but was wondering if it has any other benefits?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Look on barclays website

Jeez. You kids are lazy these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewiseone)

I know of the First-Class Airport lounges but was wondering if it has any other benefits?

Cheers!
    I don't understand, how can someone else upgrade your bank account?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Barclays+Premier+Current+Account

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    Why do I get the feeling you're just bragging about your rich parents and your fancy new black card :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacksterD)
    Why do I get the feeling you're just bragging about your rich parents and your fancy new black card :rolleyes:
    NO he isn't. Anyone even the guy at the job centre claiming his dole can have one of those. All you need to do is pay £25 a month. And you can get one. If you earn a certain amount or have a business relationship with Barclays you get it for £17.50 a month.

FAIL OP
    FAIL

(Original post by JacksterD)
    I don't understand, how can someone else upgrade your bank account?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Barclays+Premier+Current+Account
    I think he may have been set as joint account holder or something that's why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asclepios)
    NO he isn't. Anyone even the guy at the job centre claiming his dole can have one of those. All you need to do is pay £25 a month. And you can get one. If you earn a certain amount or have a business relationship with Barclays you get it for £17.50 a month.

FAIL OP
    FAIL

I think he may have been set as joint account holder or something that's why
    "7. The cost of the Premier Current Account is £10.00 per month. To be eligible for a Premier Current Account you must have an annual income paid into a Barclays account of £100,000+ (£60,000+ if you’re under 35 or hold a business relationship with us) or £50,000+ saved or invested through Barclays. However, if you have a gross annual income of £150,000+ paid into your Premier Current Account and/or have £150,000+ saved or invested with Barclays, this monthly fee will be waived. The eligibility criteria for waiving the fee are subject to agreement and will be reviewed regularly."

Whoops.... Forgot to mention that from the Barclays website:rolleyes: what an idiot, if your going to go around and be a fail nazi, at least have your information correct. NUBE alert

ReputationRep:
    "7. The cost of the Premier Current Account is £10.00 per month. To be eligible for a Premier Current Account you must have an annual income paid into a Barclays account of £100,000+ (£60,000+ if you’re under 35 or hold a business relationship with us) or £50,000+ saved or invested through Barclays. However, if you have a gross annual income of £150,000+ paid into your Premier Current Account and/or have £150,000+ saved or invested with Barclays, this monthly fee will be waived. The eligibility criteria for waiving the fee are subject to agreement and will be reviewed regularly."

Whoops.... Forgot to mention that from the Barclays website:rolleyes: what an idiot, if your going to go around and be a fail nazi, at least have your information correct. NUBE alert
    Is different to this:

http://www.barclays.co.uk/PremierBan...P1242558033380

(what they referring to) how?

ReputationRep:
    So you're earning over £100K. Congratulations.

Surely did you not think to use google?: https://www.blackcard.com/

ReputationRep:

Lol what you're doing is really sad man. People who have lots of money usually are quite happy. Usually they're happy enough not to have to brag about it to strangers in an internet forum - the fact you're here saying this just shows you have money but it doesn't make you happy. Like I said, its really sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    Lol what you're doing is really sad man. People who have lots of money usually are quite happy. Usually they're happy enough not to have to brag about it to strangers in an internet forum - the fact you're here saying this just shows you have money but it doesn't make you happy. Like I said, its really sad.
    nah I wasn't bragging at ALL to be completely honest, just needed some advice on the account...

and FYI, I smile myself to bed

ReputationRep:
    nah I wasn't bragging at ALL to be completely honest, just needed some advice on the account...

Good! Your first post didn't seem like that, but the second one, where you highlighted all the qualification criteria and whatnot did. But im glad you do lol

ReputationRep:
    Let me know when you get a REAL black card. Pussy

ReputationRep:

Cheers!
    Why don't you ask your dad?

Here are some of the amazing things you have to look forward to:

Sleek, black Premier card design
    Contactless debit cards technology
    Accepted in 29 million locations worldwide
    Withdraw up to £750 a day from Barclays cash machines so long as you have sufficient funds or an agreed overdraft
    No transaction charges 2 when using your card in machines abroad belonging to our Global Alliance
    Peace of mind. Let us know where you’re going on holiday so we can make sure nothing stops you enjoying your bargain hunting
    Protection of your cards and documents with Cardholder Protection. Cardholder Protection overview
    Up to £50 cashback at certain shops
    A carbon neutral debit card
    Safer online shopping by registering for free on VISA website (Link opens in a new window)
    Life's Rewards the membership programme that gives you access to exclusive sport, entertainment and arts events and experiences - all based on what you enjoy doing
    A Worldwide Lifestyle Management service that can organise a wide range of services, from entertainment to arranging an electrician
    Mobile phone and gadget insurance, including cover against loss and SIM card replacement
    Identity support advice line, with 24/7 help to protect you against identity theft
    Cardholder protection, with up to £5,000 immediate cover against fraudulent use of your cards and up to £100,000 after you notify us of their loss
    A Premier Team comprising a Premier Manager, a Barclays Financial Planning Manager, a Woolwich Mortgage Adviser and your local branch staff
    Global 24/7 Premier Online and Telephone Banking
    Fast and efficient will-writing service, worth £120
    Personal Relationship Manager, based locally to you
    Get priority telephone, online and in-branch service from your experienced Premier team
    Interest-free overdraft 2 3 for the first £1,000. Overdrafts between £1,000 and agreed limit 1.17%. ( 14.9% EAR typical variable 2)
    Access to investment advice from Barclays Financial Planners and an annual financial review

(sorry, copy and pasted - I don't know much about Barclays current range after my dad upgraded me to Coutts)

I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    Let me know when you get a REAL black card. Pussy
    Not that its called the Amex Black though is it?

Its nice to be part of the Centurion club though isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I want one of these bad boys...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nizzay!)
    I want one of these bad boys...

You want a VISA...?

Well I hope you achieve the dream mate.

ReputationRep:
    Barclays screw you over, Natwest FTW!

ReputationRep:

You retard at least now your account. Now you cannot even read the bank website correctly. I'm sorry my friend but why are you such a ******* did your mother have sex in a water tank thereby being starved of oxygen whilst you were concieved???

Why didnt you look it up on the web in the first place or ask your dad you *******.

(Original post by QwentyJ)
    So you're earning over £100K. Congratulations.

Surely did you not think to use google?: https://www.blackcard.com/
    Looks like the retard didn't know of google

I lol at you. I really do.
    (Original post by Quady)
    Why don't you ask your dad?

Here are some of the amazing things you have to look forward to:

Sleek, black Premier card design
    Contactless debit cards technology
    Accepted in 29 million locations worldwide
    Withdraw up to £750 a day from Barclays cash machines so long as you have sufficient funds or an agreed overdraft
    No transaction charges 2 when using your card in machines abroad belonging to our Global Alliance
    Peace of mind. Let us know where you’re going on holiday so we can make sure nothing stops you enjoying your bargain hunting
    Protection of your cards and documents with Cardholder Protection. Cardholder Protection overview
    Up to £50 cashback at certain shops
    A carbon neutral debit card
    Safer online shopping by registering for free on VISA website (Link opens in a new window)
    Life's Rewards the membership programme that gives you access to exclusive sport, entertainment and arts events and experiences - all based on what you enjoy doing
    A Worldwide Lifestyle Management service that can organise a wide range of services, from entertainment to arranging an electrician
    Mobile phone and gadget insurance, including cover against loss and SIM card replacement
    Identity support advice line, with 24/7 help to protect you against identity theft
    Cardholder protection, with up to £5,000 immediate cover against fraudulent use of your cards and up to £100,000 after you notify us of their loss
    A Premier Team comprising a Premier Manager, a Barclays Financial Planning Manager, a Woolwich Mortgage Adviser and your local branch staff
    Global 24/7 Premier Online and Telephone Banking
    Fast and efficient will-writing service, worth £120
    Personal Relationship Manager, based locally to you
    Get priority telephone, online and in-branch service from your experienced Premier team
    Interest-free overdraft 2 3 for the first £1,000. Overdrafts between £1,000 and agreed limit 1.17%. ( 14.9% EAR typical variable 2)
    Access to investment advice from Barclays Financial Planners and an annual financial review

(sorry, copy and pasted - I don't know much about Barclays current range after my dad upgraded me to Coutts)

I hope this helps!
    Oh c'mon. Yeah right. Your dad upgraded you to Coutts. Stop trying to trump this ******* here. He is a **** don't imitate him or you will become one too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asclepios)
    Oh c'mon. Yeah right. Your dad
    Sir to you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.