Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Rung up about taking a mini fridge to my college today. They mentioned it would be fine as long as its been PAT safety tested (along with my other electrical items). Who has actually done this? If so, can you take it into a shop or something so its relativley inexpensive. Don't really wanna pay an electrician to come out to my house just to test stuff which i'm 99% sure is fine already.

ReputationRep:
    Which college is it? Mine (Teddy Hall) said they just include it in their annual PAT stuff, rather than you doing it yourself.
    Do you have a book of college regulations? That's where I initially found the information. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaymee)
    Which college is it? Mine (Teddy Hall) said they just include it in their annual PAT stuff, rather than you doing it yourself.
    Do you have a book of college regulations? That's where I initially found the information. :yep:
    Hertford. The lady said to me that they don't do PAT testing at the college and I would need to get it done myself before hand and then sign a contract there saying you had everything PAT tested!? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mit321)
    Hertford. The lady said to me that they don't do PAT testing at the college and I would need to get it done myself before hand and then sign a contract there saying you had everything PAT tested!? :s
    I had to sign that for my first year (living in a different college to you). But I hadn't actually had anything checked and no one ever checked to see if I really had. It's probably for liability purposes, so that if something electrical of yours burns down the building because it's faulty then you're responsible because you lied. If on the other hand they hadn't asked if it was safe, their insurance would probably be invalid.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.