Turn on thread page Beta

Moving to university at weekend...having second thoughts watch

Anon or delete plz.

Basically im going to uni this weekend but im really having second thoughts. I just dont feel ready at all, mentally that is.
    Today I said goodbye to everyone because I wont have any time tomorrow because of packing, this included my girlfriend of a few years, my grandparents and some friends. The amount of times I had to fight back tears was more then ever before; I feel bad because my girlfriend and grandparents were both getting really upset and it was horrible to feel like the cause of it. Im just scared of going and leaving everyone and its not like I can come back home every weekend because of the distance and money.

At this minute I just really dont want to go, any advice from anyone?

ReputationRep:
    It'll be okay once you get there, make friends & you can keep in contact many ways.
    Give it a couple of weeks!

If not you can always drop out but everyone goes through this <3

ReputationRep:
    It's just nerves, this is something you have to go through. You will adapt. Just give it some time once you're there.

I am terrified and im gonna be really nervous when I get there. I know tomorrow and Saturday are gonna be the hardest days but I dont think I can handle it.
    I know I cant stay at home and live with my parents forever but I dont know, I dont really know why im feeling like this; ive always wanted to go to this uni and I got in and I was ecstatic at the time...:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    You gotta move on and make your way in the world.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.