Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bad looking girls in stylish, expensive clothes. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sduong)
    Bad looking girls in stylish clothes are still bad looking girls at the end of the day?
    Hey I don't think you can really be ugly or bad looking. IMO it is all about what you do with what you have. Some maintenance of eyebrows etc, makeup and hair products can make anyone look fantastic, even if they look really awful without all that. I mean, not everyone wants to wear makeup and stuff, but I don't think anyone can really be classed as ugly, because there are basic things everyone can do to just look that little bit better than what they would without intervention (i.e. antibiotics for bad skin, neatening up eyebrows, medicated shampoo for dandruff and conditioner to improve hair quality, etc etc)

Anyone can wear stylish clothes, it won't look any different if it suits the persons body shape properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaNzY)
    Hey I don't think you can really be ugly or bad looking. IMO it is all about what you do with what you have. Some maintenance of eyebrows etc, makeup and hair products can make anyone look fantastic, even if they look really awful without all that. I mean, not everyone wants to wear makeup and stuff, but I don't think anyone can really be classed as ugly, because there are basic things everyone can do to just look that little bit better than what they would without intervention (i.e. antibiotics for bad skin, neatening up eyebrows, medicated shampoo for dandruff and conditioner to improve hair quality, etc etc)

Anyone can wear stylish clothes, it won't look any different if it suits the persons body shape properly.
    I think you can be ugly/bad looking. but I suppose it is down to opinion - for every person who thinks you're ugly, theres probably someone out there who thinks you arent and vice versa. Maintenance can help you achieve the look of being well groomed but not make you beautiful! again - to avoid being negged, I stress that this is subjective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OBAG09L)
    Yeah but they will look good because they were never ugly in the first place.
    No there have been some proper munters who have come out looking like completely different people once they learn how to dress, have their hair and do makeup. So you can say they were never ugly but then you can just say a lot of 'ugly' people are (could be) nice looking,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sduong)
    I think you can be ugly/bad looking. but I suppose it is down to opinion - for every person who thinks you're ugly, theres probably someone out there who thinks you arent and vice versa. Maintenance can help you achieve the look of being well groomed but not make you beautiful! again - to avoid being negged, I stress that this is subjective
    Oh I don't mean that maintenance can make you look beautiful, but it really really helps. There was this one girl I knew from school who looked rather bad, but she did no basic maintenance, and I think if she had, she would have looked so much prettier. The things that made her look the way she did could have been changed easily if she had have wanted to. But, who am I to judge, it is up to her what she does. But i just think that with most people, basic maintenance can be a drastic improvement and make someone look quite pretty with still a natural look, and therefore I think that everyone can look good if they want (Also I am not saying that people who don't do the basic maintenance I referred to in my previous post are all bad looking and need to do some work on themselves, some people are very lucky to be able to look fantastic having not done anything at all.)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.