Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll be dead by then, so I don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommy5x)
    I doubt I'll care at the time.
    You might not, but it's about what you wish to happen now while you're alive. In the same way as you might not be able to care about where your money goes when you die, but you still make a will.

I'm pretty sure I'm going for a burn up. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be stored in a coffin and my children shall inherit me. I will make a nice coffee table and an amazing ice breaker if they ever have guests :yep:
    I don't want to be cremated just in case I can feel the burning and I don't want to put in the ground because I am scared of slugs :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Cremation, put in a rocket and shot over the sea.

ReputationRep:
    Buried.

ReputationRep:
    Frozen deep in Antarctica.

ReputationRep:
    Cremated... I dont want my body to go black and blow up with gases as I decompose.. not a nice sight. Would rather just be burnt to ashes

ReputationRep:
    Cremation. Don't want to wake up in a coffin That has happened to people before. Make sure I'm truly dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    I'm going to be stored in a coffin and my children shall inherit me. I will make a nice coffee table and an amazing ice breaker if they ever have guests :yep:
    I don't want to be cremated just in case I can feel the burning and I don't want to put in the ground because I am scared of slugs :afraid:
    What about the smell of your rotting flesh? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    What about the smell of your rotting flesh? :sexface:
    I won't rot. I'm special

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Cremation. The idea of my body being burned used to terrify me but I think I'd prefer bits of me to be scattered in different places, rather than just being in a box for the rest of time :yes:
    You sure you don't want to make a family of maggots extremely happy? :shifty:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    You sure you don't want to make a family of maggots extremely happy?
    I think the maggots will come without me

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully by the time I die, space burials will be dead cheap. I'd love to be sent into the atmosphere of one of the solar system's gas giants (Neptune because it's awesome, but the others would be cool). That would be pretty legendary, I think. If they aren't possible, then I'd like to be "resomated" as opposed to cremated, where my body is broken down into bone remnants, peptides, sugars, amino acids, etc through acidic hydrolysis. More efficient than cremation, and all that's left at the end is some biomass in the form of a greenish goo and some powdered bones :awesome:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.