Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh for goodness sake, I can't believe something like this gets you down. No offence, but you seem like you need to go out and get a real problem. I haven't even noticed this within the media, they may make out mixed race black people as more 'beautiful' to you but it's not as if they make out that the fully black people are all ugly. There are plenty of good looking ones just like in every race there are good looking and unattractive people. I don't know why so many people let themselves get pressurised by the media, just enjoy being yourself and don't let things like this affect you. It's silly, be comfortable in your own skin.

(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    What, so you'd go for one of the Jeremy Kyle chavs than Beyonce, Jamelia or Keri Hilson?
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    1) those 3 girls are hardly representativbe of their race.
    2) Jeremy Kyle Chavs are ugly irresepective of colour.

(Original post by PearlyWhites)
    Clearly YOU don't get out much. I hate all this talk that you have to be as black as charcoal to be black. As people have already said in this thread, the black race is so versatile in terms of features, skin tone and hair. I too thought he was black until I heard his mother was white- especially since he was American where a lot of the black population are fairer skinned.
    West African = The black people, Africans, we've come to associate as being black. You know, Nigerians, Ghanains and the sort.

East African = These people are still 'black' and 'African', but not of the sort most people would associate as such in London and England. They're lighter skinned and have different physical features. They include Ethiopians and Somalians.

Yes, black people are versatile. But you know when someone's mixed race, if they're light skinned and not obviously East African.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    i can understand the other two but jamelia can certainly be called "black", and i'd **** her so hard, infact i'm googling her pics now and getting a hard on and rubbing it lightly so it gives me the tingles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet.poetry)
    oh for goodness sake, I can't believe something like this gets you down. No offence, but you seem like you need to go out and get a real problem. I haven't even noticed this within the media, they may make out mixed race black people as more 'beautiful' to you but it's not as if they make out that the fully black people are all ugly. There are plenty of good looking ones just like in every race there are good looking and unattractive people. I don't know why so many people let themselves get pressurised by the media, just enjoy being yourself and don't let things like this affect you. It's silly, be comfortable in your own skin.
    amen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    Yeah, that's kinda my point. I'm saying I don't understand how some people can generalise a race with so much diversity, and how they can't see that clearly there is ugly and beautiful in every race. Just kinda perplexes me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    What! You are chatting a load of rubbish
    Beyonce represents the many light skinned black girls
    Jamelia represents the many darker skinned black girls
    Kerry Hilson represents the many middleish toned black girls

What, so you'd go for one of the Jeremy Kyle chavs than Beyonce, Jamelia or Keri Hilson?
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Jamelia is disgusting, that look is what makes me sick.

Beyonce has french and native american blood so that's what makes her more distinguished.

Keri Hilson, well 70% of african americans have white ancestry according to recent studies, again that is what improves her look.

Beyonce and Keri hilson are acceptable, but cannot beat the beauty of a white woman for me. Also picking out TWO black women to highlight a point is ridiculous, for every beautiful black woman, there are probably thousands of white women if not more. There really isnt that many beautiful black women. Hot, stylish, ok perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aprilterri)
    amen
    Amin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweet.poetry)
    Great work Tess

Its good to see ya back my Sugar!!! X

Yeah, that's kinda my point. I'm saying I don't understand how some people can generalise a race with so much diversity, and how they can't see that clearly there is ugly and beautiful in every race. Just kinda perplexes me.
    But there is just way more uglyness in the black race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Beyonce has french and native american blood so that's what makes her more distinguished.

Keri Hilson, well 70% of african americans have white ancestry according to recent studies, again that is what improves her look.

Beyonce and Keri hilson are acceptable, but cannot beat the beauty of a white woman for me. Also picking out TWO black women to highlight a point is ridiculous, for every beautiful black woman, there are probably thousands of white women if not more. There really isnt that many beautiful black women. Hot, stylish, ok perhaps.
    shut up you snowflake, why don't you run down a hill with some other whities to recreate the look of an avalanche?

(Original post by MrDoovde)
    shut up you snowflake, why don't you run down a hill with some other whities to recreate the look of an avalanche?
    Yo easy playa :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually like pin pointing other races and addressing my views on how they look but on this occasion I just wanted to say that most black girls have an amazing figure and bone structure, this does not all the time apply to other races and I'm not even black... so there you go

ReputationRep:
    Yo easy playa :yep:
    i'm very sorry for my brother's racism, i will make sure he doesn't use my laptop again, i like white people.

ReputationRep:

Rubbish and you know it.
    Black Caribbean have got white and other races in them but that doesn't make them any less black. Its the same with americans its a result of slavery.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly it gets on my nerves. Look at the people of this site talking about 'pure' black and what not. Wtf is pure black?
    I'm not african but go to the caribbean , africa or south and north america and you'll see black people of different shades, sizes etc...
    The fact is that people like Leona lewis (even though she is mixed) do represent s proportion of black people just like alexandra burke may represent another proportion of black people and naomi Campbell another. I think that most black people in the UK especially those with 'good' parents will understand this and wont have to make threads like this.
    I don't understand it. Go to the shop and you'll probably find a beautiful black person who looks a bit like them.
    I hate to hear people say oh that person doesn't count cus they are light skinned or have a straight nose etc... Just like it annoy my aunt when people (especially white people) assume that she is mixed because she is light. It is just ignorant.
    I absolutely agree with you! I am mixed race myself, and I can't stand it when people just disregard that I am black. I am light-skinned with straight/sometimes wavy hair my father was a mixed ancestry African American and my Mother is Indian and when people first look at me they think I am only Asian that upsets me but when people look at me again they see I look different from Indians my features are African. Then people just call me light skinned or as they say I'm too "light" to be black or I'm not black enough that upsets me the most. Yes black guys are attracted to me but get confused about my race I look different than the typical stereotyped African person because my father is mixed himself. I totally agree with you also there is no such thing as pure black, like wtf is that?

ReputationRep:
    But there is just way more uglyness in the black race.
    I disagree, but then I guess that's pretty subjective. And also, you saying this negative stuff doesn't really help the OP, who already feels insecure about their race to begin with, so why don't you just go away? You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say...

What! You are chatting a load of rubbish
    Beyonce represents the many light skinned black girls
    Jamelia represents the many darker skinned black girls
    Kerry Hilson represents the many middleish toned black girls
    So black is only the tone of the skin.
    Most people would call somalians black.
    And Nigerians.
    And Congonese
    And even Aborigines

Regardless of the shade of 'black' they look VERY different.

I disagree, but then I guess that's pretty subjective. And also, you saying this negative stuff doesn't really help the OP, who already feels insecure about their race to begin with, so why don't you just go away? You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say...
    True, sorry for any offence. I didn't mean to make things worse for the OP.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.