Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe how STUPID so many people are on TSR.

I am mixed race. My dad is black jamaican and my mother is white. Most of you ignorant people on here would say I am black. If i turned around and told you I was white you would think I am a complete weirdo but it is exactly the same thing!! Why is it okay to completely ignore half of a persons ancestry when classifying them?

And as for all the beautiful black celebrities that aren't really black. I agree! Most of them are really pale. Again massive amounts of ignorance here, All these celebs have had nose jobs to make them look 'whiter' and wear make up to make them look whiter and you think they are sooo beautiful because of their features. OPEN YOUR EYES. THEY HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY SOCIETY TO THINK THAT A TYPICAL WHITE NOSE/JUST TANNED SKIN IS MORE ATTRACTIVE. Same with their hair. Most of them have hair like white peoples? WTF was wrong with their hair in the first place?

Yes there are variations in skin colour within nationalities, and everyone is mixed to an extent, but they pick the least 'black' looking people and highlight them as the beautiful ones and then they all go and have plastic surgery and fake hair to make them look even whiter. Its a joke.

How can society be so ignorant to this?

As a mixed race person I love my darker skin and would never dream of changing my nose so it is more pointy. And if i a honest I think I am very attractive to most people ( i think more so than beyonce and her stupid fake nose anyway!)

Its about time people of all races started accepting their features and learn to appreaciate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Tears and Butterflies*)

I am mixed race. My dad is black jamaican and my mother is white. Most of you ignorant people on here would say I am black. If i turned around and told you I was white you would think I am a complete weirdo but it is exactly the same thing!! Why is it okay to completely ignore half of a persons ancestry when classifying them?

And as for all the beautiful black celebrities that aren't really black. I agree! Most of them are really pale. Again massive amounts of ignorance here, All these celebs have had nose jobs to make them look 'whiter' and wear make up to make them look whiter and you think they are sooo beautiful because of their features. OPEN YOUR EYES. THEY HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY SOCIETY TO THINK THAT A TYPICAL WHITE NOSE/JUST TANNED SKIN IS MORE ATTRACTIVE. Same with their hair. Most of them have hair like white peoples? WTF was wrong with their hair in the first place?

Yes there are variations in skin colour within nationalities, and everyone is mixed to an extent, but they pick the least 'black' looking people and highlight them as the beautiful ones and then they all go and have plastic surgery and fake hair to make them look even whiter. Its a joke.

As a mixed race person I love my darker skin and would never dream of changing my nose so it is more pointy. And if i a honest I think I am very attractive to most people ( i think more so than beyonce and her stupid fake nose anyway!)

Its about time people of all races started accepting their features and learn to appreaciate them.
    I don't understand what your point is? :confused: Most people on here are talking about how most of the black people in the media aren't fully black, or how the black celebrities try to act white. Are you adding to that or just spouting something else? :confused:

Also, why does a particular style/colour of hair have to suggest that someone is trying to be another race ? I'd understand if it was a white girl trying to grow an afro, but simply dying your hair another colour shouldn't be something that warrants comments about wanting to act like another race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    I don't understand what your point is? :confused: Most people on here are talking about how most of the black people in the media aren't fully black, or how the black celebrities try to act white. Are you adding to that or just spouting something else? :confused:

Also, why does a particular style/colour of hair have to suggest that someone is trying to be another race ? I'd understand if it was a white girl trying to grow an afro, but simply dying your hair another colour shouldn't be something that warrants comments about wanting to act like another race.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I think you'll find I covered both of these points quite clearly. in paragraph 2 and 3. I didn't say anything about dying hair.

Fine scrap hair if you are going to be picky, but explain to me what was wrong with their nose in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Tears and Butterflies*)

pics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Chocolate is also brown, and bird poo is white. What's your point?
    Also God didnt create chocolate, birds aren't humans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the writer)
    no such thing as black and beautiful. there all ugly as ****. not racist, just true.
    WHAT
    THE
    ****!
    :eek3:

Yeah you can get ugly black people, and you can get ugly white people, ugly asians/chinese etc.

But there are beautiful people of all races! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasural)
    I don't get this.
    What are white features?
    I think apparent white features are the blonde hair and straighter narrower noses. But this is stupid!! Just because Beyonce may have had a nose job and died her hair blonde doesn't mean she is trying to be white! I want bigger lips and dark curly hair, doesn't mean I am trying to look black!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone else (black) ever feel annoyed and a little depressed at the expectations of how to be black and beautiful. It really gets me down. So many mixed race (black & white) people are paraded in the media as the beautiful black people when they're not black at all and are a ridiculous comparison for us black people. Ive seen so many attractive black people but its hard to be secure in this when the media refuses to represent any actual attractive black people. . Think about it all the "attractive" black people are mixed race, Halle Berry, Vanessa Williams, Alesha Dixon, Thandie Newton,Leona same for the males, the good looking half of JLS are both mixed race, Ricky Whittle, Lewis Hamilton, Thierry Henry. Just cant win.
    I'm white, and have had a few crushes on black women(right now actually), and not mixed race women or dainty looking either, full blooded Africans. Surely it's not about living up to a stereotype but looking for different people. You may be surprised by who fancies you if you ignore media ********.

ReputationRep:
    look at what the media has done to humans......

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.