Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

awkward girl in lecture watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Someone out here in the cyberworld of TSR must know what I'm talkng about. I normally get on well with people fairly well who I dont know, I like to think I'm easy going and pleasant to be around, but today I felt really awkward with this girl I was sat next to for the very first time. First, she randomly drew a smiley face in my A4 pad then giggled. To which I became slighlty uncomfortable and didn't know what to say or how to respond -- she made me feel awkward basically. Even though I woould like to normally have a laugh, she was making it a bit awkward for me to be myself,, then later on she seemed a bit too friendly for my likeing when I wasn't even tryna be funny she just kept giggling then palming my arm (as friends do, when you push their arm in amusement).... now it just dawned on me im gonna hav to say or do something about this coz i cant go through the year like this. i feel really awkward now and she's put me off coming to lectures. what would 1 do??? help......

ReputationRep:
    Nail her.

She wants you.

ReputationRep:
    Is she a munter?

ReputationRep:
    Drill that hard to get at hole.

ReputationRep:
    Mike says nail that *****

ReputationRep:
    I find it awkward how you used the word awkward 4 times in 1 paragraph.

ReputationRep:
    You have a new friend! Possibly one with benefits, too!

So stop being so ungrateful! :L

ReputationRep:
    Is it really that big of a deal? Maybe that's just the way she is: a bubbly person that's free with her hands. I'm sure she doesn't actually mean to offend you or give you any weird signals. Sounds like she's just being friendly.

There's a girl who sits next to me in Chemistry who does the same thing, but I've just gone with it and got to know her because it's her thing. She doesn't do it quite as much as what you describe, but still.

If it gets too much, then I'd say you do need to have a chat with her, or sit somewhere else? Making an excuse is always less awkward than the truth, but sometimes, it has to be done

ReputationRep:
    When she starts e-mailing you CAT-scans of her gash then you can be sure.

ReputationRep:
    Toilets during your break, jobs a gud'n

ReputationRep:
    erotic troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathew551)
    You have a new friend! Possibly one with benefits, too!

So stop being so ungrateful! :L
    its hard to tell, the fact is she's bein over-friendly and ive never been in this situation with a girl before. i aint bein ungrateful either im just uncomfortable with it at the same time i dont wana b rude to her which i could easily do if i wanted

ReputationRep:
    Is it really that big of a deal? Maybe that's just the way she is: a bubbly person that's free with her hands. I'm sure she doesn't actually mean to offend you or give you any weird signals. Sounds like she's just being friendly.

There's a girl who sits next to me in Chemistry who does the same thing, but I've just gone with it and got to know her because it's her thing. She doesn't do it quite as much as what you describe, but still.

If it gets too much, then I'd say you do need to have a chat with her, or sit somewhere else? Making an excuse is always less awkward than the truth, but sometimes, it has to be done

ReputationRep:
    shes just being friendly but it does seem she might have a bit of a crush on you.
    just don't sit next to her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDannyManCan)

YES it is! she's makin me feel like im odd and i feel uncomfortable with a girl bein over-friendly, its not natural it all seems fake and i dont like it. do you think i shud give it a few more lectures and see if things change??

ReputationRep:
    i dont see what the issue is she obviously wants a piece, if you dont just dont sit next to her.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    If she's peng why not just use her for sex?

(Original post by TheDannyManCan)
    Is it really that big of a deal? Maybe that's just the way she is: a bubbly person that's free with her hands.(
    :sogood:

I envy.

:dice:

ReputationRep:
    i know this might sound strange but ive never realy been out with a girl before so its another reason i feel more awkward. i usually get along with girls in my lectures very well like friends and none have ever been so awkward like this girl im talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    YES it is! she's makin me feel like im odd and i feel uncomfortable with a girl bein over-friendly, its not natural it all seems fake and i dont like it. do you think i shud give it a few more lectures and see if things change??
    lol - i met a girl like this today. it really is off-putting when u can tell its fake, and the overfriendliness is a bit wierd.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.