Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a third year law student. Last year I tried to apply for VS and TC with basically no luck. I got 1 interview (for a firm I'm not intending to apply for again) but the rest were all straight rejections from application forms. This year I am trying again and intending to take a gap year after uni.

Would it be worth my time to apply to firms that rejected me last year? I got a mid 2.1 2nd year as opposed to a high 2.2 1st year, and have lots of extra curriculars that I didn't have last year, including various committee positions. I've also taken it a lot more seriously, gone to many workshops etc and feel I've learnt from last years mistakes and can make a much better application. But I don't want to completely waste my time if they're just going to reject me straight away.

Thank you for any answers I receive!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Some firms will reject candidates who've applied in the previous 12 months and been rejected. Such firms will not even let you complete the application form so you don't need to worry about wasting your time. The majority of firms will look at your application and, if they like what they see, would invite you to interview regardless of any previous
    application(s).

ReputationRep:
    Well I got an offer this year from a firm who rejected me last year so it's definitely worth a shot! It can help to show genuine enthusiasm for the firm.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.