Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My jeans stain my white shoes, even if they're not wet... Does anyone know where I can buy some fairly cheap jeans that wont stain your white shoes? does anyone have experiences with topman jeans and white shoes?

ReputationRep:
    How do they manage to stain your shoes?

Try not to sweat in them.

ReputationRep:
    hmm never had this problem suprisingly enough

ReputationRep:
    Really :/

If I wear them over my white high tops they rub off on them and make them go blue.

One of the jeans I have are "dark dye" jeans and it came with a sticker saying it will rub off so I'm a bit of an idiot for wearing it with white shoes.

My other jeans don't rub off nearly as much but they still add small blue stains. If the jeans rub against the rubber a lot it stains it, but it's not just the rubber it's the actually shoe aswell that get's stained.

ReputationRep:
    Turn the jeans inside out and wash them on their own at 60 degrees once - that'll knock any 'loose' dye out of them.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just the jeans I got then? Does anyone know if topman jeans stain white shoes or not? Call me cheap but I don't really wanna spend more than £25 right now.

ReputationRep:
    Wash the jeans hot, turn them up, or buy some pre-washed jeans.

I know what you mean though OP, I have some black jeans from Topman with a heavy dye and they marked my white plims, just turned them up once..

ReputationRep:
    avoid raw denim or dark dyed jeans. Washing them with vinegar with help retain the dye and reduce bleeding. Just tape the inside of the hem where it touches the shoe and that will stop bleeding aswell. Turning them up doesn't really help either.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.