Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi was just wondering if anyone could shed a bit of light on the written report element of the AS modules. What topics have people covered in the past and what way did they present the data in a table. I dont expect someone to spoon feed it to me but a bit of advice would be nice as i am studying it distance learning and just want to make sure i use the correct type of data i.e. primary or secondary and what sources are available out there etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

(Original post by mcol2010)
    Hi was just wondering if anyone could shed a bit of light on the written report element of the AS modules. What topics have people covered in the past and what way did they present the data in a table. I dont expect someone to spoon feed it to me but a bit of advice would be nice as i am studying it distance learning and just want to make sure i use the correct type of data i.e. primary or secondary and what sources are available out there etc. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Written report elements.. What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure what your on about, but will give it a try. Basically you have to collect data during a study, e.g how a river changes along its course. As this will involve multiple aspects you use these to make a table. During the fieldwork you will evaluate the safety issues, the suitability of the site etc. You will then write a brief out line of your site choice, aims... around 100 words. You take this brief outline and the table into the test where you are asked questions about the study for which you can use them to help you. You can use secondary resources to help you during your fieldwork but the majority of the data in the table must come from yourself.
    Btw are you doing the test tomorrow, if so you will have been meant to have done the fieldwork and the report already. From the way you ask about it, it sounds as if you have not already done so

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.