Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I sleep with a (well-known) 43 year old businessman? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Also OP, if you're so of the attitude that you 'don't see what's so perverted about it' and so on and so forth, why don't you just do it? It sounds like your responses have confirmed your answer.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you even asking us if you (a single woman) should get involved with a single man? :confused: Are you partially gold digging too by any chance :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foooooooooogle)
    Foogle agrees
    I agree with Foogle and whoever he agreed with. Sorry but you sound like a gold digger.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno why everyone's kicking off. Either some good trolls or bad mongs in here.

Anyway, yeah if you fancy him, go for it. As you said, it's not really much different in having a one night stand with some guy you met on a night out. Probably better really, you won't be proper pissed and wake up to see that the guy you slept with last night is rancid.

If he's single, any other aspects are irrelevent really. He's a bit older than you, but if you reckon he's fit it doesn't really matter. People bringing up his kids and ex wife and that, she's not going to meet them or be banging the guy when they're in the room. Him having a bird is a bit bad though, so you probably shouldn't do it. If he didn't though, it'd be sound.

ReputationRep:
    How's she sound like a gold digger? From her posts she just doesn't know whether to bang some older guy in a no-strings attached thing. Nowt suggests she's trying to fleece the guy.

(Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    Why are you even asking us if you (a single woman) should get involved with a single man? :confused: Are you partially gold digging too by any chance :rolleyes:
    He's not single, and there's quite a controversial age gap.
    I am not gold digging. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He's not single, and there's quite a controversial age gap.
    I am not gold digging. :confused:
    Whats controversial about it? Last I checked, 43 was above the age of consent.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you decide anything for yourself? Why the hell are you asking a forum whether you should sleep with him or not :lolwut:

EDIT: I've just noticed that you said he isn't single .. WTF is wrong with you, you cheap whore? You KNOW he has a girlfriend/is married whatever and you're still asking whether you should casually shag him or not? :facepalm: Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone.)
    I agree with Foogle and whoever he agreed with. Sorry but you sound like a gold digger.

Foogle appreciates this. The people have voted OP. The verdict - you will suffocate yourself tonight by 22:30. No earlier than 10:30 as Foogle will be busy watching Eastenders on BBC 3. No later than 10.30 as Foogle likes to be in bed by 10:31

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe Weavurrr)
    Why has no one picked up on the fact he's old enough to be her dad.
    forty... three... FORTY THREE!
    No, don't do it. It's icky.

I'm 18, imagine me doing your dad... gross right?
    You're gay?

ReputationRep:
    Peter Jones.

(Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Can't you decide anything for yourself? Why the hell are you asking a forum whether you should sleep with him or not :lolwut:

EDIT: I've just noticed that you said he isn't single .. WTF is wrong with you, you cheap whore? You KNOW he has a girlfriend/is married whatever and you're still asking whether you should casually shag him or not? :facepalm: Grow up.
    Like I previously said, I wanted to see how other people would act in this situation as it's completely new to me and I'm not sure how to react. I want to see how socially acceptable it is. He is divorced but has a girlfriend who he is unhappy with. I'm not sure how that makes me a 'cheap whore', considering I've done nothing other than chat with this guy.

ReputationRep:
    Like I previously said, I wanted to see how other people would act in this situation as it's completely new to me and I'm not sure how to react. I want to see how socially acceptable it is. He is divorced but has a girlfriend who he is unhappy with. I'm not sure how that makes me a 'cheap whore', considering I've done nothing other than chat with this guy.
    Ok so you're new to this kind of situation? Erm, so what? Anyone with half a braincell would know how to react regardless of whether they've been in the situation before. You just don't do it. And FYI I was not calling you a cheap whore for chatting to him, but for the very fact that you are seriously considering shagging a man that has a partner purely to add some more notches to your bedpost. Eugh.

ReputationRep:
    are you really that desperate?? lol one word = SLUT

ReputationRep:
    ITT:

Jealous males who cant approach a girl let alone get sex.

Jealous females who wish they could have sex with rich business men.

ReputationRep:
    Only problem is that he has a GF, OP, everything else is fine. Standard H&R reaction to insult you for not conforming to their "OMG i luv my boo n cnt w8 to hv kids and gt marryd! i wnt a wddng jst lyk KT Price and Alex Reid!!!!1!" lifestyle choice.
    Essentially, you're more intelligent than most, if not all, of the people criticising you. But as he has a girlfriend, there are probably better people for you to sleep with.

ReputationRep:
    Please keep anon, don't want anyone knowing this.

Basically, I've been in relationships constantly for the past year and I'm newly single. I'm an 18 year old student who has just moved to a new city. I signed up to a few dating websites, as I'm looking primarily for a no strings attached relationship, as it saves the complications of a relationship whilst maintaining the sexual intimacy that I desire. I've had a lot of messages, but most of them are creeps. However, this one guy has caught my attention. He's 43, lives very close to me and is a well-known business. I don't mean publicly known, but quite big in the business world. I've googled him and a lot of results appear, including his Twitter account. He's not a bad looking man, but I've never been with anyone of his age before. He's divorced and has 2 children. A part of me wants to meet him and possibly sleep with him, but another part of me is thinking it's a bad idea. It seems exciting..

Any thoughts TSR?
    Do what you wish.

I know you said 'no strings attached' but I believe in commitment.
    Marriage first before anything so that both of you gain a status of rights in the relationship.

Btw you're not a slut if you like this guy. Ignore other tsr idiots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    You're gay?

Yea... aaaaaand?

(Original post by Magic_007)
    I know you said 'no strings attached' but I believe in commitment
    Ultimately, I agree with this person, but it's clear you disagree with that so I'll carry on...

If he has a girlfriend, then the answer is unequivocally No - don't do it. How can you feel comfortable in the knowledge that you are actively cheating on a woman with a man (or, to put it more accurately, assisting him in cheating on her). Imagine the pain she'll feel when she finds out - and also imagine the secondary image it'll cast upon you for knowingly 'dating' a polygamist. It's the kind of image that will certainly put men off you when you're looking for a serious relationship later in life.

If he is willing to cheat on his girlfriend he isn't worth dealing with in my opinion. You would hate to be going out with a guy then find out that he's cheating on you, so don't condone it for other people - simple morals.

I don't have any problem with the age gap, in principle, though this scenario does seem very suspicious.

ReputationRep:
    OP: Do you fancy this guy? Do you even like him?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.