Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How much money do you intend/do you spend on an average week in Oxford (not including accomodation) and how much are you setting aside for freshers/refreshers (if at all)?

ReputationRep:
    My budget is around £200 per week during term time (though obviously I don't necessarily spend that every week, and it's absolutely not essential!) Will possibly spend about that much in Freshers' Week though - it's always fun, and I want to go and have a good time with people I haven't seen much over the last few months.

ReputationRep:
    For Freshers last week i spent about £150. I was trashed every night- predrink saves you much moneys considering my normal budget is around £75-£80

ReputationRep:
    My normal budget is about £90-£100 a week - food/drink/going out all adds up. I could probably spend less if I was more careful, and this year I might try and cut it down to £80 if I can. I don't have a special budget for fresher's week.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I don't feel comfortable answering that question its too personal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    :wtf: Does that include rent?!

I spent £60/week when I was an undergrad, and probably a further £10-15/week on college meals that were paid for in advance at the start of term. Last time I was a fresher, I spent £180, but that included buying a gown and getting some kitchen equipment.
    Nah - it does include food, though. Like I said, I don't spend that much every week, but I thought the OP was asking for availability of funds rather than actual expenditure..?

EDIT: Whoops, no, he was going for actual expenditure. In that case, probably around £100 per week.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.