The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why a maid, I could probably get a job in a supermarket or something if I needed to. And yes, if I was desperate.
Reply 2
Money is money.
Reply 3
if i got to dress up as a maid then yeah
Annaconda

ur kinky :wink:
Reply 5
Annaconda

Good answer!
Reply 6
lol their arguement iss that being a maid and earning money til u get a better job is better than sitting at home and relying on your rents (maid being a low job but stil a paying job)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Yes, £6 is an okay wage.
Reply 8
i just think sitting at home isnt actually just sitting at home iff you use that time applying for jobs and going to interviews....if you're family can provide a roof over your head for a few months till you get a better job then taking a maids job isnt necessary
Reply 9
MixedUp
i just think sitting at home isnt actually just sitting at home iff you use that time applying for jobs and going to interviews....if you're family can provide a roof over your head for a few months till you get a better job then taking a maids job isnt necessary

You should have your cv done, so you can easily apply for all the jobs possible in less than 30 mins a day. And you wont be getting that many interviews, so it is mostly sitting at home doing nothing.

Could show a little respect for your family by getting that tempory job and offering money as well, seeing as though they are providing a roof over your head.
Reply 10
mabrookes
You should have your cv done, so you can easily apply for all the jobs possible in less than 30 mins a day. And you wont be getting that many interviews, so it is mostly sitting at home doing nothing.

Could show a little respect for your family by getting that tempory job and offering money as well, seeing as though they are providing a roof over your head.

My parents earn well enough to afford to support me for a little while until i find a job....im not saying i wouldnt take any jobs unless they were really good cos thts unrealistic...just not something tht doesn require any qualification i.e. a maid...even retail work like working in primark requires some sort of qualifications and maths and english skills and i would happily take a job like tht temporarily
MixedUp
My parents earn well enough to afford to support me for a little while until i find a job....im not saying i wouldnt take any jobs unless they were really good cos thts unrealistic...just not something tht doesn require any qualification i.e. a maid...even retail work like working in primark requires some sort of qualifications and maths and english skills and i would happily take a job like tht temporarily

Its your preference that’s most important in the end, you wouldnt be able to stay with a job you couldnt stand anyway. You should remember though that retail work, along with a few other jobs, are highly sort after by new graduates - looking at something like the maid style jobs could be an easier way of getting a little cash which I’m sure you would want regardless of how well off your parents are. Being able to offer to pay some money to your them, even if they wouldnt accept/dont need it, I think is important as well.
Reply 12
Yeah if its for a female client ... I will work naked though.
Im not sure.. :s-smilie:
Im to scared to work with something like that. but i can work in the grocery store though, not just a maid or something.
But if i really really have no choice and i have a family to support, i will totally do it just to support my family.
MixedUp
iv just had a heated 3 hour debate with two friends about whether they would accept a job as a maid after uni if they didnt get a job straight away...the job would be temporary but would you still accept it knowing you can live with rents for a short period till you get a job suited to ur degree!???

please post ur comments and views!!!!!

This is actually what I’m doing :yep: I’m planning on returning to uni next year and basically need to save money. The job market is utter rubbish right now so retail jobs were hard to come by in my area. I basically work as a maid (though we prefer to be called housekeeping :wink:) in a hotel. It’s really not as bad a job as everyone thinks it is...

So my answer is yes.
Reply 15
Yes. Just as a temporary job while I look for something more suitable. But I hope I could get something better than being a maid. :p:
Reply 16
It sounds better than my first job after graduating.
Reply 17
Of course. Money is money no matter what job it comes from.
Of course, right now I'm looking for anything and have been rejected by most high street shops who don't even pay £6 an hour.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Laugh out loud, maybe as a last resort.

Latest

Trending

Trending