Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

shared house and the legalities of having a guest around watch

Announcements

Lets say for ***** and giggles that a house mate were to start throwing things at me in a childish fit (note we're both third years) and then that later I had a friend over, would they be able to throw them out of the house (note: I'm presuming the guests won't start kicking off or anything similar)? If it makes any difference (which I doubt) we're both on separate contracts.

Bare in mind that they threatened to complain to the landlords because they don't like me:rolleyes: (which I personally hope they do, because what's the landlord going to say "oh we understand completely and side with you, obviously they're the problem and of course they didn't sign this contract that they did sign":p: :p: ). But as a result I wouldn't put it past them being a **** to me again (and trying to stop my mates from being able to stay here).

Thanks for reading .

ReputationRep:
    Check your contract. If it doesn't mention anything about guests and that the noise is reasonable until the night (quiet after 10-11pm) then you should be fine and well within your right to have people over

(Original post by Steeps)
    Check your contract. If it doesn't mention anything about guests and that the noise is reasonable until the night (quiet after 10-11pm) then you should be fine and well within your right to have people over
    It didn't specify, but I presumed that were the case, brilliant, thanks .

Oh and I didn't post this non-anon first time...*ninja*, ignore what your quote says. No-one quoted you, not even a little:p: .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.