Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodles!)
    It was my 3rd/4th choice, I didn't think I'd get it, I wanted to be in Colum or Senghennydd hall! Once I knew, though, of course I realised it'd be like that- I was holding on to the hope that I'd have semi-quiet flatmates though. No such luck.
    Hall isn't exactly brilliant for noise, if you're on the side of Senghennydd Road - half the nights you hear people coming back from the union toward Court in full singing voice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duffking)
    Hall isn't exactly brilliant for noise, if you're on the side of Senghennydd Road - half the nights you hear people coming back from the union toward Court in full singing voice
    If your lucky like me though, youll have 7 flatmates that are all international so dont speak to you and the only way you can make friends in freshers week is to go out into the courtyard when you see a group of people and hope that they'll actually return a conversation... :P Haha!
    On the plus side, noone will talk to me if i want to get work done
    Just makes it a bit hard the first few days when you have noone to talk to haha!

ReputationRep:
    Yah- the first few days. Or weeks. Or... whatever.

I dunno- I suppose being alone has a tendency to sublimate itself into loneliness when you´re constantly bombarded with the happy sounds of people goofing off. Not that I really want to join in the goofiness, but it sort of makes me feel like the odd one out, of course. But then, I am...

I´m so utterly on my ass these days. I suppose I´ll just have to chase down my GP and ask them to pretty please fill my head with chemicals that takes the edge off of this situation.

Or I could just give up.

ReputationRep:
    Can you move out? Bit random but i'm moving out and need a housemate for a two bed flat in Grangetown. I'm a full time professional so I won't be partying every night. I don't think halls with freshers sound right for you anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.