Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    won nearly £200 on the grand national.

Working for Tesco was a peace of piss and the pay was actually good. I also won £140 during the World Cup when an accumulator came through. :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    lottery. 8.6k. been saving it in an isa and has gone up to about 9.3k now.

ReputationRep:
    I took part in psychology experiments for cash at uni. Interesting

Sometimes my work now is easy; just under £25 p/h for instrumental music teaching in schools. But it's not always easy, in fact it can get very frustrating and can be hard work particularly when concerts and exams come up.

ReputationRep:
    My school bought my A2 art final piece for £100, that was pretty easy. Considering that I'd have had to do it for nothing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Was an extra in a film and got paid something stupid like £300 for basically doing nothing. And got SO much free food.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology experiments at uni - £10 for an hour of playing on a computer :awesome:

Oh, and babysitting. The people I babysat for had two kids, aged 12 and 15, so I literally just sat and watched TV with the 15 year old whilst the younger one played XBox in the other room, and then I got to send them to bed at 10 and eat all the food they'd left out for me

ReputationRep:
    I made £2.50 playing poker Last night whilst Drunk. Easy Peasy.

Paid with a £20 and the person on the till gave me £50 thinking it was a £10. Ill take that.

ReputationRep:
    found a £10 note in the lift though i was a bit hesitant to pick it up, the floor was filthy :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Haha when I was 15, I did a job at a REALLY posh wedding as a glass washer.. we had to dress in ballroom dresses because the thing was in a huge tent- and you could see everything, so all of the guests could see us doing this job.

There wasn't much to do until the end of the night, as the wine was on the tables so people were just keeping the same glasses, so we got paid £100 each for attending a party and doing like an hour and a half's work!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I bought a BMAT revision book and sold it making a £100 profit. Heh.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I found £2 on the floor in a club a couple of days ago.

Problem is, girls tend to carry the notes in their bras these days. I wouldn't go that far for money...

ReputationRep:
    Whiplash, £2900

ReputationRep:
    £100 investing in a £1 scratchcard. £100 in 2 minutes is win.

ReputationRep:
    I'll have been given a total of £5000 in scholarships just for turning up to Uni by the time I leave.

ReputationRep:
    At music festivals I halve some paracetamol (which cost 16p for 32) and sell one half for a fiver
    Did the same with some herbal cigarettes.
    Obviously claiming these things are something else

ReputationRep:
    Some cashier at Tesco gave me £20 cashback instead of £10. Good day.

I also sit on a chair watching a swimming pool for 6.40£ an hour. No one has drowned yet.

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] a guy off for a 50

ReputationRep:
    I went to the Tate Modern, screamed for 15 seconds, and got paid £20. All for 'art', may I add.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgie-rose)
    Please explain ..this sounds weird but intruiging.

How can you make money at surfing the web?
    I'm a very very bored receptionist!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.