Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    birthday, happens every year, and get about £100 for being alive.

ReputationRep:
    Not related to work, but a cheque for £650 arrived in the post, it wasn't a random party, but it was unexpected, turned out to be an extremely geneorus policy of theres.

a temp job one bank hol. = £20 an hour, colleague couldn't turn up at last minute rendering day pointless, but told we'd be paid til end of day and were let go by mid-morning.

ReputationRep:
    Working at my mum's salon, just hang around and talk to customers.
    Get 'paid' quite a lot as well.

ReputationRep:
    EMA - £30 a week for just turning up at school
    Student bursary - Same as above.
    Once found £20 by the side of the road..easy money.
    £500 for being born Birthday money.
    The easiest money i've ever made is on Eid. Get paid for getting dressed and eating... Good times!

ReputationRep:
    Made £120 one Xmas through Avon, that was excellent money considering the amount of work I'd put it. Plus when I was 16, £120 was a lot of money to me! Nowadays I make a couple hundred a month on top of my wages in commission - not necessarily "easy money" but it's a handy supplement that I wasn't getting in my old position.

ReputationRep:
    selling my gold

ReputationRep:
    Sold a For Dummies ebook on eBay and got quite a bit from that a few years ago. But the company tried to sue me for it. I said I was a kid and they let me off. I only had to get my parents to sign this form, which I faked. Easy!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Once some guy at a car park dropped a fiver. I picked it up and tried to get his attention to give it back to him, but he was on his phone so didn't respond so I kept it.

ReputationRep:
    Spread betting on the financial markets: I made over £20,000 in around two weeks -- and lost virtually all of it soon after! I've just started going back to it (not because I think it's a particularly honourable way of making [or, indeed, losing] money, but merely because I need some dough and don't have time to work!), and I made £3,000 today. However, I'm well prepared to lose it again, if it turns against me. (Especially because, when spread betting, to get the cumulative benefits one is generally inclined to place all/most of one's cash on the line with each trade, meaning that if a single trade goes spectacularly awry, so goes the cash.)

ReputationRep:
    selling myself.

ReputationRep:
    Bets? :L
    Otherwise, no money I earn is easy money :/ All my jobs are physical

ReputationRep:
    Selling plant fertiliser back in the day was pretty easy money.

ReputationRep:
    Putting teeth under my pillow when i was a nipper

ReputationRep:
    Ema
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Because of some wierd clause in the French property laws, I should get a couple of hundred quid from the sale of my parents French house as my mum sold it after my dad died. Sweet.

ReputationRep:
    stealing from a small child was indeed very easy...

ReputationRep:
    Selling my unwanted junk on ebay

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.