Turn on thread page Beta

Do you talk to dogs?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't have full-out conversations with dogs, but I do say hello to nice-looking dogs that are tied outside shops or the like. The ones that look like they're not going to bite me.

If calling out "tuna tuna" to my cat at home counts as talking to pets, then I also do that. She seems to know what the word means and goes crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothestrand)
    I speak to my dog down the phone. I miss him.
    :rofl: My dad used to do that too. Was so funny putting him on speakerphone then watching the dog frantically looking around to find out where the voice was coming from

As for me, if I see a dog tied up outside a shop or if one's walking up to have a sniff at me, I'd say "Hi" to it and give it a wee wave. Around where I live there are a few cats as well and if I'm leaving the house and see one darting under a car, I'd be quite happy to call it out from hiding so I could sit and pet it for a minute before going on with whatever I was going to do

ReputationRep:
    dogs cats any animal. ill even talk to inanimate things on occasion like when i was in a down mood so decided to be silly to cheer myself up i had a conversation with a pie cooking in kitchen telling it how yummy it looked and smelled and how it would soon be in my belly. Cant stay down with that sillyness

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes. My mum talks to my cat- She talks back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Yes I do, in fact my dog is a better listener than people are.
    I bet his responses aren't on point.

ReputationRep:
    Nope but they speak to me all the time and it's rather disconcerting.

ReputationRep:
    the fam are away and i found myself having a conversation with the dog today. (one sided obv..) I stopped abruptly when i realised what I was actually doing.

Ruh Roh???

ReputationRep:
    All the time! I'll ask them how they're doing/how their day has been. Just have a full blown conversation with them!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I talk to my dogs. It's kind of funny how they react to the tone of your voice and also comforting when you're at home alone and it's just them there.

ReputationRep:
    lol all the time, even when it isn't mine. Dogs seem friendlier when I say hello to them in my animal voice. Most likely because they know it's not a threatening tone of voice. And imo dogs like being talked to in general; they like the attention.

ReputationRep:
    I talk to my own dog, and to the occasional horse

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my own dog.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, only my dog and dogs I know, I don't go round looking for strange dogs to have a chat with.
    I always say hi to my pets

ReputationRep:
    I think talking to your pet is something people rarely admit to doing, but often many do. I talk to my cat all the time (I does love him ) about anything and everything, mostly just whats on my mind at the time. I think my most unique comment to him was: "I dunno Thomas, do you think you could do this homework?" He just looked at me like "I'm a cat".

Yeah I feel stupid admitting this :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i speak to cats, does that count

ReputationRep:
    My dog's a don. I speak to him. He's realer than most humans so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaaaaaaargh!)
    I think talking to your pet is something people rarely admit to doing, but often many do. I talk to my cat all the time (I does love him ) about anything and everything, mostly just whats on my mind at the time. I think my most unique comment to him was: "I dunno Thomas, do you think you could do this homework?" He just looked at me like "I'm a cat".

Yeah I feel stupid admitting this :cool:
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LionGurgle)
    I love dogs so much.

Every time when I see a dog, I would say "hi" or "how are you" to he or she.

They are so cute that I want to talk to them!

My friends think I am strange, but I really can't help but talking to dogs.

How about you?? Does anyone like to talk to dogs??

no but I talk to my cat quite a lot. The other day I asked her if she could share her thoughts on the state of politics with me and she simply said " me? How?" (Meow - geddit??? Sorry couldn't resist):lol:

ReputationRep:
    I talk to my dad's dog...she makes loads of different noises and tilts her head when you talk to her. I use a sort of baby voice for her though because I don't know her so well as my own cats. I talk to them in my normal voice usually, but sometimes in miaows if the one of them is feeling particularly vocal.

Me and my cat also have staring contests and me and my sister once did an experiment to see if we could get him to yawn by doing it ourselves while he was looking at us. It did work, but we never managed to do it again.

I don't know what it is with my family and animals though...me and my sister have both brought random animals home, and my dad used to get followed home from the pub by all sorts - most notably a horse, who just stopped at the bottom of our entry and watched my dad go in.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I do!

My family minds dogs for people so I'm around them all the time (when I'm at home, but I'm now at uni and haven't been near a dog in weeks )

I have a wee 'animal' voice and everything lol. Like I use a different tone of voice when I'm speaking to my dogs cats and horses etc :lol:

yes I am a sad individual :p:

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.