Turn on thread page Beta

Do you talk to dogs?? watch

ReputationRep:
    well, yeah.
    when i see a dog i go "hiyaaa" and pat it.
    but i talk to my dog all the time.
    like full blown intellectual conversations

ReputationRep:
    I used to talk to my gorgeous dog, Flossie, when she was around. She was like my sister. Such an awesome, awesome little dog who is much missed.

On a side note, I speak to horses like they are people more than dogs :p:

ReputationRep:
    "Sit Ubu, Sit!"
    *WOOF*
    "Good dog"

ReputationRep:
    Exclusively cats.

ReputationRep:
    No, I do things like cross the road to avoid them.

Cats, on the other hand... :love:

ReputationRep:
    I sadly don't have any furry companions of my own (yet at least), but when I'm with others' I tend to not talk to them per se. I usually go for non-verbal communication instead (gestures, etc).

ReputationRep:
    I was walking my friend's dog and we got lost and we were in the middle of the street and I was just talking to him and asking him where to lead us 'where do we go now rocky? where do we go?' and he actually understood me and led me straight back to her house! that was so cool, so yes, I do talk to dogs.

and then another time I was at my other friend's house and her pug is really hyper so after a long time of running around and playing with her, I sat down and she sat in my lap so as I was holding her and stroking her I was telling her about this guy that I liked and... dogs are such good listeners! I love them and want one of my own : (

ReputationRep:
    Only if they belong to people I know.. I wouldn't start talking to the things for the hell of it.

I do, however, talk to ducks. Only this morning I found two quacking outside my kitchen window so I took a piece of bread out to them to shut them up and found myself talking to them.. I clearly need more sleep.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I talk to my own dogs. They don't have a clue what I'm saying, but they like the attention anyway. I also wave to my dogs. I wouldn't talk to dogs I didn't know though.

ReputationRep:
    i do, especially when I'm sad.

ReputationRep:
    I would if I had a dog.

ReputationRep:
    i talk to my rabbits

ReputationRep:
    I have massive long chats with my dog

ReputationRep:
    I talk to my own dog, but otherwise don't really talk to strangers dogs. That's a little odd i'll admit.

ReputationRep:
    I only talk to my dog, she is part of the family after all
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes I talk to my dog most days.
    Usually just thinking out loud in his general direction, but sometimes specifically doggy things.

It keeps him entertained as he likes the attention.

Also, my dog is probably more intelligent than a lot of humans I've met so I could well be better off talking to him!

ReputationRep:
    My own dogs, yep. I am aware that they do not understand the meaning of my words, probably just the tone.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.