Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, whilst walking into town especially, there's like these moments where I just keep walking past beautiful girls and guys and get self conscious but then I get to a place where there's no one or the people are elderly/not as beautiful and I feel relieved to get out of the make up fest.

Do you girls put on make up out of choice or because you're hiding your imperfections?
    Do you guys spend £££s trying to look good and fit in with the crowd?

Answers on a postcard, cheers :yep:

I don't wear makeup. I do brush my hair though, haha. If that's not good enough, tough. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I spend alot of money on clothes to look good.

Looking 'good' makes you feel good, therefore giving you confidence, which is what girls love

ReputationRep:
    I definatley feel that pressure and do try to look my best - however it fails half of the time =/

ReputationRep:
    I try and look good. But I don't spend £££££££££££ just £.

(Original post by =nuke=)
    I don't wear makeup. I do brush my hair though, haha. If that's not good enough, tough. :p:
    Brushed hair you say? :sexface: in answer to the OP no i don't...

ReputationRep:
    I want to but I can't be bothered putting on makeup everyday. I do if I'm going to uni/work/night out but that's it. I feel a bit crap though sometimes when I see other hotter girls and I look like I've been dragged through a bush backwards. It's mostly the makeup issue. I can look reasonably OK with not much effort but I just don't like wearing makeup everyday, it irritates my skin to have it on always. If I'm out with my fiance and we see someone really good looking and I look like crap then I'd feel a bit down. Usually I'm OK with that but yeah, I guess I feel pressured sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I remember back in school/college everyone used to make a.big

ReputationRep:
    I remember back in school everyone use to make a big deal everytime I got a hair cut. Its like people were trying to dictate on how I should look. I couldn't go around pleasing everyone. On the other hand, i always get numerous compliments in terms of my fashion sense.

ReputationRep:
    I don't.

I don't wear makeup during the week, just at weekends. I like getting dressed up at the weekends but during the week I don't see the point. I have an expensive hair cut and use expensive products, makes it much easier to keep, don't even need blow dry it for it to look good.

ReputationRep:
    I like to look good, but in my own way.

I think about the clothes I wear and try to dress in a way that suits me and looks good. My clothes are not fashionable and definitely not expensive, but I still think they look good.
    I do my hair the way I like it, including dying it entertaining colours. :awesome:
    I don't wear make up because I think it makes me look worse. In fact I think it makes about 95% of women look worse and is a massive scam. That's just the way I see it, it could be wrong, but I don't particularly care. I just wouldn't be happy wearing it so I don't wear it. It doesn't hurt anyone.

(Original post by =nuke=)
    Haha, a lot of the heavily made-up girls here leave theirs unbrushed for that 'just got out of bed' look.
    Oh, well you're miles ahead of them, can't beat the brushed hair look aha :o:

ReputationRep:
    I don't bother with looking good but i could but its to much effort for people to think you look like something else. I do however still have days where i feel ugly. but i feel if people dont like it then they can stick it. but i do need to dress nice, not all expensive clothes but not look trampy.

ReputationRep:
    I like making myself look presentable to people. Sometimes, i feel like not putting make up on, but i have to or else i'll feel down when i see beautiful girls. I put makeup only when im going out to work or some place. but when im home, i take it off right away. My friend always tell me that i look better without makeup, but i dont like not wearing make up when im out, i just feel naked when i dont have make up on or i feel like i just woke up and just got out of the bed.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ 'pressurised'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    lol @ 'pressurised'.
    ha I was wondering if anyone else would notice this

I do feel pressured to look good when I'mon a night out... but when I'm going shopping or going out for lunch I don't really give a f

ReputationRep:
    I very rarely brush my hair, it makes it go frizzy. -.-

Yeah, I do. In college you see all the girls made up with different clothes on all the time, when I just throw some clothes on and put some minimal makeup on. Kinda feel a bit fugly when you're surrounded by people in the latest fashions and crap that I can't afford to constantly be buying.

ReputationRep:
    I wear make-up but I'm not one of those who cakes it on, but then if I don't put any on, I don't feel any different as my confidence isn't based on my looks.

ReputationRep:
    always, i got to school were there are pretty skinny girls everywhere you turn, im a bit bigger and i get really self conscious coz boys just flock to these girls and you i need 2 step up my game but i still wont help

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I wear a bit of make up and think about outfits and so on, but that's because I like doing those things. I don't really compare myself to other people that much actually.
    I do spend quite a lot of money of clothes though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.