Turn on thread page Beta

If money wasn't an issue, would you have cosmetic surgery? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm perfect already!

ReputationRep:

If money wasn't an issue would you have cosmetic surgery? YES

If so, what reason would you have surgery? So that I could feel more comfortable with and confident about my appearance. It would be the most long lasting method of self improvement. And, it's tried and tested...you can go and buy hundreds of products to try to improve your looks, but it may be that none of them are right for you - plastic surgery is tailored to suit exactly what you want/need.

Which cosmetic surgery are you more likely to have? liposuction! and possible breast implants.

What factors make you think of resorting to surgery? wanting to feel confident, seeing beautiful people, the media to some extent.

Rate your self-confidence on a scale of 1-10: 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    At most a 7, love.
    The question was self confidence, not looks out of 10.
    Learn to read, love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren.mariie)
    I've got do research on why so many people are resorting to plastic surgery, so i've got a few questions

Female

16-18
    18-21
    21+

If money wasn't an issue would you have cosmetic surgery?

If so, what reason would you have surgery? (self-confidence,girl/boyfriend, career prospects, etc)

Which cosmetic surgery are you more likely to have? (breast impants,rhinoplastry)

What factors make you think of resorting to surgery? (media,friends,celebrities,etc.)

Rate your self-confidence on a scale of 1-10

Thank-you
    Female.
    Eugh, no.
    N/A
    N/A
    N/A
    8/10.

ReputationRep:
    Female 21+

In all honesty I would"nt have cosmetic surgery and thats despite the fact that I"m a fair bit older than the rest of the people on this forum. I am not perfect by any means, but I like my body the way it is, warts an all.

I"d say my confidence is around a 6 or 7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren.mariie)

Female

18-21

If money wasn't an issue would you have cosmetic surgery? No

5-6 without make-up. 7-8 with make-up.
    Strangely enough one of my closest friends had a boob job over a month ago. It surprisingly looked really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    if someone is staring at me I KNOW it's because they're thinking how disgusting my nose is.
    ...you do realise the world does not revolve around you? It's very doubtful people stare all day at you, you know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    ...you do realise the world does not revolve around you? It's very doubtful people stare all day at you, you know!
    I never said the world revolved around me, and if you knew me you would know that that's the last thing I would ever think actually.

ReputationRep:
    Male
    16-18
    NO
    Why would I - Im already so G -Damn good looking. JHEEZ

ReputationRep:
    Female

18-21

No.

Generally 6/7.

ReputationRep:
    Female
    18-21

If money wasn't an issue would you have cosmetic surgery? Yes

If so, what reason would you have surgery? Self confidence

Which cosmetic surgery are you more likely to have? I'd have my ears pinned back

What factors make you think of resorting to surgery? Because when I had it done last time, the bandages fell off early, so it's didn't work right

Rate your self-confidence on a scale of 1-10 - 5

ReputationRep:
    Male
    16-18
    No way Jose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddlove)
    Male
    18-21
    Yes
    Self-confidence/my own benefits, really. I seem to be the only one that cares!
    Nose job. Although if money really was no object there are possibly another two things I'd consider but won't write here...
    IDK really. Celebs I guess.
    MEN WITH BIG NOSES ARE ******* HOT

ANY MEN CONSIDERING RHINOPLASTY READ THIS FIRST. I won't sex you I like men with strong noses, they make my heart palpitate and pussy very wet!!

I'm 18 female and I would not get plastic surgery done regardless of costs (or lack there of).

ReputationRep:
    I've already had cosmetic surgery so I don't know if that makes a difference!

If money wasn't an issue...: No, I don't think I would.
    Rating self confidence...:7 or 8?

ReputationRep:
    I never said the world revolved around me, and if you knew me you would know that that's the last thing I would ever think actually.
    Then accept that the world does not have the time or inclination to stare at you.

Sorry if I'm coming across really harshly. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Then accept that the world does not have the time or inclination to stare at you.

Sorry if I'm coming across really harshly. :p:
    Then you clearly have no idea of what it is like to be unbelievably paranoid about a certain part of you that you hate, and I envy that.

ReputationRep:
    Male
    18-21
    No, I would not have cosmetic surgery.
    If so, what reason would you have surgery? (self-confidence,girl/boyfriend, career prospects, etc)
    There's nothing to do by means of cosmetic surgery for my body.
    Which cosmetic surgery are you more likely to have? (breast impants,rhinoplastry)
    n/a

What factors make you think of resorting to surgery? (media,friends,celebrities,etc.)
    The only reason I ever would, would be a really important health problem

About 9

ReputationRep:
    Then you clearly have no idea of what it is like to be unbelievably paranoid about a certain part of you that you hate, and I envy that.
    Actually I have a severe overjet and require orthognathic surgery to correct it, so I do indeed know. I used to be obsessed with it, and I thought the surgery would make everything better and my life couldn't start until then, for many years until I met my current bloke. *sap* And I've learnt it's just one of those things. I'll have the surgery, but I wouldn't care much if I couldn't. There are more important things.

So your "clear" observation was incorrect. There's nothing wrong with your nose btw.

ReputationRep:
    Female
    16-18

I'm against cosmetic surgery out of principle. I don't have a problem with my face and would say I'm an attractive person. Even though I do have issues with my body, I would not get any sort of procedures done there either.

I think in this 'throw away', 'upgrade' age, it's important not to get bogged down in materialism because it's unsatisfactory. We're never going to be satisfied with what we have, we may as well accept that this is what we were born with and you work with what you've got. There's more to life than being beautiful, and all the people I know who regard that as sacred are not happy or fulfilled individuals, however much they say they are.

The side effects are not worth the short term 'improvements' - you can't stop time. Treat your body well and you will age gracefully.

That's my own views on it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katprocrastinate)
    Female
    16-18

I'm against cosmetic surgery out of principle. I don't have a problem with my face and would say I'm an attractive person. Even though I do have issues with my body, I would not get any sort of procedures done there either.

I think in this 'throw away', 'upgrade' age, it's important not to get bogged down in materialism because it's unsatisfactory. We're never going to be satisfied with what we have, we may as well accept that this is what we were born with and you work with what you've got. There's more to life than being beautiful, and all the people I know who regard that as sacred are not happy or fulfilled individuals, however much they say they are.

The side effects are not worth the short term 'improvements' - you can't stop time. Treat your body well and you will age gracefully.

That's my own views on it anyway.
    You mention that you have some issues with your body, but if these (I'm assuming) could not be fixed by dieting, anti-ageing creams and all that jazz, and that surgery was the only way to fix a confidence crippling defect, would you still be against it?

I also don't think that the effects are short term.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.