Turn on thread page Beta

If money wasn't an issue, would you have cosmetic surgery? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    Your nose is perfect :cry2: And you're so pretty :puppyeyes:
    Thanks love, it is rather bulbous and has a bump in the middle which Id like to get rid of... may sound silly to others but everyone has something they dont like about themselves, whilst others may think it is perfectly fine, it's a personal opinion I guess... sucks, but that's life :o:

Female

Age - 18-21

If money wasn't an issue would you have cosmetic surgery? No

Rate your self-confidence - 8/10

ReputationRep:

If money wasn't an issue would you have cosmetic surgery?
    100% yes.

If so, what reason would you have surgery? (self-confidence,girl/boyfriend, career prospects, etc)
    Self confidence, make me feel happier with my appearance.

Which cosmetic surgery are you more likely to have? (breast impants,rhinoplastry)
    Breast surgery, although not implants. I simply want something to sculpt and shape them so they're less horribly uneven. Would also like laser surgery on stretch marks.

What factors make you think of resorting to surgery? (media,friends,celebrities,etc.)
    Just my own self loathing :hugwings:

Rate your self-confidence on a scale of 1-10
    1 on a bad day, 6 on a good day.

Thank-you

ReputationRep:

If money wasn't an issue would you have cosmetic surgery? Yes

If so, what reason would you have surgery? Self confidence - want to improve my body image.

Which cosmetic surgery are you more likely to have? Breast reduction

What factors make you think of resorting to surgery? Just the way my breasts look when I get dressed, I think they look too big

Rate your self-confidence on a scale of 6

Thank-you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emydawn)
    Thanks love, it is rather bulbous and has a bump in the middle which Id like to get rid of... may sound silly to others but everyone has something they dont like about themselves, whilst others may think it is perfectly fine, it's a personal opinion I guess... sucks, but that's life :o:
    omg i would LOVE to look like you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickie89)
    i know, but i just need to lose a bit of weight first to be a candidate (not massively overweight,size12/14, im just above the nhs regulation they have) but due to a few stressful months and things happening it hasnt really worked out as soon as i wanted to as losing weight does take time, especially when its hard to excercise due to health restrictions, whereas if money wasnt an issue i would be in there tomorrow to get it done.
    ohh I understand
    well god luck and I hope everything turns out well soon

ReputationRep:
    Female, 21 +

Yes

If so, what reason would you have surgery? (self-confidence,girl/boyfriend, career prospects, etc)
    Happiness of my own image

Which cosmetic surgery are you more likely to have? (breast impants,rhinoplastry)
    Lipo, Maybe a boob job after kids when they go saggy

What factors make you think of resorting to surgery? (media,friends,celebrities,etc.)
    Its quick, and easy.

ReputationRep:

Yes

I broke my nose in year 11 and its been annoying me since.

Already had Rhinoplastry, I want it again.

My friend butting my head off a desk has alot to do with it.

4 (But it was crap before my any of this happened)

ReputationRep:
    femal 18-21
    no no no no
    I believe that if you get plastic surgery for beauty reasons (not medical) it's like your telling God what he made was not good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylit91)
    You mention that you have some issues with your body, but if these (I'm assuming) could not be fixed by dieting, anti-ageing creams and all that jazz, and that surgery was the only way to fix a confidence crippling defect, would you still be against it?

I also don't think that the effects are short term.
    I think the key words here are "confidence crippling". If they are not seriously affecting my health and only my confidence then that's a psychological issue that a 'quick fix' like plastic surgery might amend, but it hasn't solved the problem, it's just dealing with the symptoms of the insecurities.

With regards to the effects not being short term, what makes you say this? I think they are because they require maintenance and are never be exactly what you envisage. For example, a gastric bypass requires a lot of adjusting to your daily routine and the upkeep of this is what makes it only temporary and never a long term solution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katprocrastinate)
    I think the key words here are "confidence crippling". If they are not seriously affecting my health and only my confidence then that's a psychological issue that a 'quick fix' like plastic surgery might amend, but it hasn't solved the problem, it's just dealing with the symptoms of the insecurities.

With regards to the effects not being short term, what makes you say this? I think they are because they require maintenance and are never be exactly what you envisage. For example, a gastric bypass requires a lot of adjusting to your daily routine and the upkeep of this is what makes it only temporary and never a long term solution.
    I think I'm guilty of thinking of my own insecurities when I said that the effects wouldn't be short term. In my case - my nose- I think that having the problem solved (the nose) will mean that people in the future will treat me like a normal person, and not like some ugly freak or second-class citizen. I know this sounds melodramatic, but this is how I, and I'm sure lots of others, feel. If the catalyst is resolved, the psychology will take care of itself over time, and thus a lasting effect. I'm certainly no psychologist, but I think/hope this will be the case with regard to myself.

ReputationRep:

If money weren't an issue would you have cosmetic surgery?
    No.

It varies. Maybe 7 as an average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    At most a 7, love.
    She was rating her self-confidence, not her looks, you prat.

ReputationRep:
    Female, 18
    I don't think I would ever have cosmetic surgery, because I don't think I have a reasonable motive to do so I try to like myself the way I am and besides I have always made fun of people who have had cosmetic surgery so that wouldn' seem right

ReputationRep:
    Female
    Yes
    Self Confidence
    I want liposuction or buccal removal
    I just want to feel better about myself, so i can get more confident.
    I would rate myself on a good day about 7/10 but on a **** day about 2/10, just depends.

ReputationRep:
    Male
    Yes
    Self-confidence
    Liposuction, then a gastric band!
    Wanting to feel better.

ReputationRep:
    I'd get breast implants.

ReputationRep:

If money wasn't an issue would you have cosmetic surgery?Yes

If so, what reason would you have surgery? Because I want to fix my major physical flaws that I can't fix without plastic surgery.

Which cosmetic surgery are you more likely to have? I would have cosmetic dental suregery.
    I would have eye lift surgery because I have asian/almond eyes that have the baggy eyelid thing.
    I would have lipo on my legs.

What factors make you think of resorting to surgery? My teeth are just bad and my dentist says braces wont help. People make fun of my eyes.
    I have horrible legs.

Rate your self-confidence on a scale of 1-10: 9

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.