Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR BOOTCAMP, Numero Tres! - Let's Be Hot In 2011 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    How healthy would you guys say falafel is? I love the stuff and it all seems healthy up until you deep fat fry it :teehee:
    Are we talking bought or homemade? :p: Tbh beans are pretty good, but obviously homemade would be the better option. I'm thinking of bulk buying some chickpeas just for fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rossshaw)
    Cardiff acknowledged me first, but Reading have alreayd asked me for a flippin interview! :woo: I couldn't believe it haha!

Ah, my parents are they same, I pay for alot of things right now, except for car insurance and my mobile. The rest is all paid by me. I have spent wayyy to much on my car this year, the poor girl had a few problems and I ended up having to fork out £1000 on it over the past year!

Ah, I am not looking forward to going into my overdraft! I currently work for my dad, so he pays reasonably well and I work quite often, so money isn't a problem for me right now Sorry, I'm sounding cocky! If it helps at all, my job is window cleaning? :lol:

I take it you go to Manchester? :cool:
    Manchester gave me an offer within 10 days of me submitting my application :smug: Yeah, I go to Manchester. Love it :yep: Cardiff was my insurance, so I like them too haha

I had to google it! I have never heard of one before. They look pretty fatty:nah: Sorry to bring you down :p:
    They are if you deep fat fry them, I was wondering just how bad that is. My Mum buys ones that you can cook in the oven though, so I'm guessing it varies loads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    Falafel is pretty good if you cook it in the oven rather than fry it It's low fat and got good stuff in it:love: I like the cauldron stuff.
    I might do that next time (there will be a next time regardless as it's dirt cheap, bloody filling and tastes amazing with salad :coma:)

(Original post by Shawshank)
    Are we talking bought or homemade? :p: Tbh beans are pretty good, but obviously homemade would be the better option. I'm thinking of bulk buying some chickpeas just for fun.
    It's the powder stuff you can buy in health food shops/world supermarkets

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, the pictures on Google of falafel in bread make me feel ill - I find falafel way too filling to have with anything else but salad!

Actually the real reason I feel ill is because I'm full yet eating biscuits :sigh: Fatty fatty boom boom.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester gave me an offer within 10 days of me submitting my application :smug: Yeah, I go to Manchester. Love it :yep: Cardiff was my insurance, so I like them too haha

They are if you deep fat fry them, I was wondering just how bad that is. My Mum buys ones that you can cook in the oven though, so I'm guessing it varies loads.
    Ah, that's amazing! Cardiff is the place to be though . I went there 2 weeks ago to see my friend and I loved it .

Simple, just don't have them deep fat fried The biscuits are naughty though. Looks like some extra training will be needed tomorrow to get over those! I don't have anything to eat right now... I feel slightly bad. I always have water with me though

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's amazing! Cardiff is the place to be though . I went there 2 weeks ago to see my friend and I loved it .

Simple, just don't have them deep fat fried The biscuits are naughty though. Looks like some extra training will be needed tomorrow to get over those! I don't have anything to eat right now... I feel slightly bad. I always have water with me though
    Nah, Manchester clearly is.

The biscuits were bought because I was feeling down, hungry and I was shaking. I normally only shake when I haven't eaten enough. I'm not shaking any more (though I am having to really think about it :erm:) so obviously I needed the biscuits. Nah, I haven't had many because otherwise I'd throw up I'm so full from the falafel.

ReputationRep:
    Awh, why were you feeling down? Is this something to say in public or...? Hungry is understandable. I currently hate feeling hungry because I am building up. I can't be hungry or else I'm just defeating the object of going to the gym! And I can't even make up for my lack of eating by eating loads because binge eating doesn't work apparently. Urghh.

The biscuits did their job

ReputationRep:
    Awh, why were you feeling down? Is this something to say in public or...? Hungry is understandable. I currently hate feeling hungry because I am building up. I can't be hungry or else I'm just defeating the object of going to the gym! And I can't even make up for my lack of eating by eating loads because binge eating doesn't work apparently. Urghh.

The biscuits did their job
    Uni is hard, that's why I feel down. I'm also quite sleep deprived now, which makes me feel more down :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Uni is hard, that's why I feel down. I'm also quite sleep deprived now, which makes me feel more down :sad:
    My friend who's at Cardiff says that his lectures in maths are SOLID! He is already behind apparently because he was ill last week. He was really sleep deprived when I went up to see him at the end of freshers haha, he had bags under his eyes and sounded dead! Yet he still went out that night... he's mad.
    How come you are sleep deprived? :eek: Is sleeping hard at uni? :|

What do you guys do when you haven't consumed enough calories in a day when your not hungry?

ReputationRep:
    I had 6 cans and a kebab watching the England game yesterday. Gonna have to work hard at footy training this afternoon!!

It gets easier as the year progresses Steffi. Head up and hope you feel cheerful soon.

ReputationRep:
    I have my gym induction today. :eek: I'm scared! I'm coughing every time I even walk anywhere so I don't know what's going to happen when I have to do real exercise. I don't really know what to expect at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I have my gym induction today. :eek: I'm scared! I'm coughing every time I even walk anywhere so I don't know what's going to happen when I have to do real exercise. I don't really know what to expect at all.
    My advice would be to not overdo it the first few times. Just make sure you get out of breath.
    And if the coughing gets really bad, maybe a check up? Sounds a bit drastic, but I know a lot of people who cough a lot when they exercise and they quite often have asthma.

And I'm not in pain from my last run, which is good it's getting easier and easier every time I go out. Give it another week and I'll switch to every day, rather than every other

ReputationRep:
    Gym opens tomorrow :woo: Can't wait!

I hope so stunt :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unborn-soul)
    What do you guys do when you haven't consumed enough calories in a day when your not hungry?
    I force myself to eat :o: It's horrible, but no pain no gain.
    I havn't been in this situation for a few weeks now, so I'm currently doing ok

Unless you are talking about at the end of the day and I havn't had anything to eat, then I just carry on with my normal eating routine for the rest of the day and hope that tomorrow will be better

I force myself to eat :o: It's horrible, but no pain no gain.
    I havn't been in this situation for a few weeks now, so I'm currently doing ok

Unless you are talking about at the end of the day and I havn't had anything to eat, then I just carry on with my normal eating routine for the rest of the day and hope that tomorrow will be better
    I don't force myself to eat. I'm afraid if I do force myself then i'll gain.

I was wondering like if it's the end of the day and you haven't had enough calories but you aren't hungry, what do you do?

(Original post by unborn-soul)
    I don't force myself to eat. I'm afraid if I do force myself then i'll gain.

I was wondering like if it's the end of the day and you haven't had enough calories but you aren't hungry, what do you do?
    Well if you aren't willing to force yourself then nothing? If you had 200 calories left over I guess you could keep them in the "Bank" and if you had a particuarly hungry day over the next 7 days use them then.

ReputationRep:
    Went to the gym, hooray. AND the scales made me sad last time cos they made me about 5 kgs heavier than what I thought I was but it turns out they were broken, so they got new ones, and I'm what I thought I was. Yipee.

Did 15 mins x-trainer on the "around the world" hill setting thing, 15 mins on artw on the bike and then 1500 m on the rower. I know it's stupid but I'm still scared of heading into the free weights bit and not knowing where stuff is/doing stuff wrong... Stupid.

I did 3 x 12 sit ups holding a 10 kilo plate, 3 x 12 twist things holding a medicine ball (only 4 kg, but couldn't find a heavier one and I was shaking by the end anyway) sitting on the floor with my legs raised above the floor (I dunno what they are called). The 10 kg plate was goood.

Swam 750 m after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    Went to the gym, hooray. AND the scales made me sad last time cos they made me about 5 kgs heavier than what I thought I was but it turns out they were broken, so they got new ones, and I'm what I thought I was. Yipee.

Did 15 mins x-trainer on the "around the world" hill setting thing, 15 mins on artw on the bike and then 1500 m on the rower. I know it's stupid but I'm still scared of heading into the free weights bit and not knowing where stuff is/doing stuff wrong... Stupid.

I did 3 x 12 sit ups holding a 10 kilo plate, 3 x 12 twist things holding a medicine ball (only 4 kg, but couldn't find a heavier one and I was shaking by the end anyway) sitting on the floor with my legs raised above the floor (I dunno what they are called). The 10 kg plate was goood.

Swam 750 m after.
    Don't be worried If you aren't sure what to do then you can always ask the staff about what routines are good for you. They get paid to help you so they won't mind.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Gym gym gym! :woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.