Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR BOOTCAMP, Numero Tres! - Let's Be Hot In 2011 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i thought spinning class was tough. It's nothing compared to 4 by 4.

'4 by 4' was 4 minutes on the spinning bikes and then 4 minutes doing push ups/weights/squats.

And they didn't go easy on the bikes, it was a sprint and a climb each time, was death, my legs/arms are still knackered now... 3 hours later...

Feeling like i had a proper workout though, looking forward to trying out circuit training on thursday...

(Original post by StartSomething)
    My waist measurements have now gone down from 26 inches to nearly 25.5 inches. I know it's not much. But it's something and it makes me happy I am making progress even if it is just a little bit Everything else seems to be the same though which sucks!
    What dress size are you and what dress size are you aiming for?

You already seem to be in the healthy range. Are you trying to lose weight or tone up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unborn-soul)
    What dress size are you and what dress size are you aiming for?

You already seem to be in the healthy range. Are you trying to lose weight or tone up?
    I'm trying to lose weight and tone up.
    I don't need to lose much more weight though, just until I am satisified what I see and I'm almost there

ReputationRep:
    So it turns out that after a year out of rowing I can't run any more - my ankles and knees are back to their weak state where they start hurting after a few minutes :erm: Best spend more time in the gym really.

Did some weights, 5 min warm up on the cross trainer and 500m race on the rowing machine. Might aim to do a certain distance on the rowing machine each day :holmes:

fatty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    So it turns out that after a year out of rowing I can't run any more - my ankles and knees are back to their weak state where they start hurting after a few minutes :erm: Best spend more time in the gym really.

Did some weights, 5 min warm up on the cross trainer and 500m race on the rowing machine. Might aim to do a certain distance on the rowing machine each day :holmes:
    Do intervals
    They will kill you but it's a good way to build up your speed. Do like 2 minutes of rowing and have a minute rest. Do about 3/4 intervals and watch you build your speed up .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rossshaw)
    Do intervals
    They will kill you but it's a good way to build up your speed. Do like 2 minutes of rowing and have a minute rest. Do about 3/4 intervals and watch you build your speed up .
    For running? I can't because of the general swelling of my knees etc, I need to build it up first. As for rowing, I just want to do it everyday because it gives you an amazing body :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    The gym was out of towels... stupid. =|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    The gym was out of towels... stupid. =|
    You get towels?! We have to take our own :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    You get towels?! We have to take our own :sigh:
    Yeah. Annoying though when you don't take towels because they *always* have them, and you plan to go swimming with a friend there and no towels. The guy told me to shower and then dry myself in the sauna... lol.

ReputationRep:
    OH dear. Lots of alcohol last night and then pizza tonight. Baaaaaaad.
    But on the good side when I went shopping I bought no bad snack stuff only fruit. And when I really want something bad it sucks when I have to go for the fruit but it's good in a way

I am starting a strict diet. Hopefully I can abide by it. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    For running? I can't because of the general swelling of my knees etc, I need to build it up first. As for rowing, I just want to do it everyday because it gives you an amazing body :teehee:
    No I meant for rowing, but what ever works for you :p:.

Rowing is a beast, It works so many areas... the bum being where I feel it most! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I bought a gym membership today! Got my induction on Monday.
    Wooo cannot wait to start again!!

ReputationRep:
    I've been terrible and not been to the gym since tuesday.

Note to self, some workouts are so knackereing they leave me unable to workout for another 3 days.

Hitting a spinning class tomorrow morning and then gonna cycle 4 miles or so to the supermarket and do some shopping then try and cycle it all back again...(there'a a nice offroad route which is only 3 miles or so which i may go for on the way there for fun.)

Then may also go swimming on sunday... Hopefully...

ReputationRep:
    No I meant for rowing, but what ever works for you :p:.

Rowing is a beast, It works so many areas... the bum being where I feel it most! :lol:
    I feel it most in my stomach at the moment, it's been too long since I last rowed :sigh:

---

I'm away from uni, so have no access to a gym and my parents keep buying me food. For some reason they seem to think I don't have enough at home so they need to fatten me up so I can last until I next come back :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Hellloo... well, I'm a little bit late to the party, but I really need to join this thread! I have got very lazy about eating (I'll eat chocolate/ crisps instead of dinner if I can't be bothered to cook) and exercise lately and it's starting to show - I've put on half a stone in the last few months
    My stats I'm not tooo sure about, but I'm 5'7, and at the minute I weigh about 10stone. I'm really hoping to lose at least the half a stone I've gained, if not a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    Just been spinning, i'm knackered.

Heart Rate average was 164 for 50 mins, with max at 184 so not bad.

Going to cycle to the shop in a min but going to go the fun way(offroad) on the way there on the bike.

Back from the gym.

Hopefully i'll have lost some lbs tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unborn-soul)
    Back from the gym.

Hopefully i'll have lost some lbs tomorrow.
    Well done, most people are still in bed, i'm only up this early to watch the F1.

In other news, during my cycle to the shop and back yesterday i had a great workout on the way there on the offroad route and then nailed it down the main roads on the way back and i even mangaed to speed in a 40 zone on my bicycle.

I was so proud, only by 0.4 mph but it's my fastest recorded time since i started using GPS on my bike rides.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.