Turn on thread page Beta

TSR BOOTCAMP, Numero Tres! - Let's Be Hot In 2011 watch

I've lost 5.5 inches

ReputationRep:
    Went cycling again out on the road, it started pissing it down with rain when i was about 30 mins into my cycle which sucked..

I cycled 18.1 miles in 1:28... Although that's not properly done as after 15 miles i took a detour to asda to grab some fuds... Killed my average speed a lot as i didn't turn the phone for until i'd gone slowly round for a while...

Still, 1.5 hours exercise is good. I'm knackered...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Read the title of the thread

Touche
    However, maybe we are just hoping for a hugeeeee heatwave? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rossshaw)
    Touche
    However, maybe we are just hoping for a hugeeeee heatwave? :cool:
    Lol hmm, hopefully I love getting naked and walking around like im superior !

ReputationRep:
    Did spin class yesterday morning for an hour. Still surprised how many random girls turn up to it and set their resistance stupidly low the whole time... I'm normally the only guy there with my resistance so tough i can barely move it on the hills and some of the girls still just have it on normal resistance and are clearly just going slowly and using it as a rest... Their loss...

Also just did a 5k run this morning, 26:30. Not too bad, looking to get it under 25 mins tbh... Short term goal..

ReputationRep:
    Went to the gym twice last week, only burnt 250 calories per session as i managed to injrue my arm first time (i foolishly assummed i could lift the same amount after a 7 month absence), so i had to take it easy until friday and have been busy this weekend.

On the busy side this week so i will definitely be going to the gym on wednesday and friday and probably the weekend. Should be free most of the week after, so will try and fit in monday, tuesday, wednesday and friday.

ReputationRep:
    The only form of exercise available to me atm is the treadmill. Now, this is going to sound rather embarrassing but I am not exactly used to treadmills, so I don't know how to toggle with the settings. For an ordinary female, what speed should I be walking/jogging at to burn a good number of calories?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    The only form of exercise available to me atm is the treadmill. Now, this is going to sound rather embarrassing but I am not exactly used to treadmills, so I don't know how to toggle with the settings. For an ordinary female, what speed should I be walking/jogging at to burn a good number of calories?
    AS a reference, when i do HIIT on a treadmill it's 7kph for the slow/rest periods and 14kph for the sprint periods...

About 10kph is a nice gentle jog. That would give you a 5k time of about half an hour so it's a bit slow but a good place to start...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    AS a reference, when i do HIIT on a treadmill it's 7kph for the slow/rest periods and 14kph for the sprint periods...

About 10kph is a nice gentle jog. That would give you a 5k time of about half an hour so it's a bit slow but a good place to start...
    Precisely what I needed, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparkyn)
    Precisely what I needed, thanks
    No worries... When i got on a couple of weeks ago i had no idea on the treadmill just just kept changing the speed up/down to get comfortable...

I am hitting the gym 6 till 8 tonight. Double Exercise class, should be a killer hopefully then probably a few days off then my 3 hour offroad race on saturday and first time i has seen my dad in like 2 months.. I has lost about a stone in fat and gained a bit of muscle..(i was already quite thin) Going to see if he notices...

Tbh i don't think i look much difference, i am a lot fitter though but you can't really see that from looking at me...
    Will try and gain some muscle next year for a laugh...

ReputationRep:
    Bam, 2 hours in the gym...

I feel completely dead... Resting until big 3 hour offroad race on sunday now...
    May go out running or swimming thursday... Dunno though...

ReputationRep:
    I would like to join!! started uni in october, eating/drinking rubbish... have put on a bit of weight but nothing massive. I just want my clothes to not be tight I am going to spinning and body pump classes and have joined the running society at my uni but have not gone yet :eek: I am also trying to make better choices at my uni (I am catered for).

ReputationRep:
    I have a query for you guys. Sometimes the day after i have been working out my muscles will ache for a day or two, should i just go to the gym the next day and work through it, or should i wait for the ache to go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I have a query for you guys. Sometimes the day after i have been working out my muscles will ache for a day or two, should i just go to the gym the next day and work through it, or should i wait for the ache to go?
    I think unless the pain is debilitating, it's ok to go to the gym and workout GENTLY. Perhaps you could work a different muscle group to the one that hurts? Either way, it should be fine as long as you don't push it. Make sure you warm up properly and stretch at the end.

ReputationRep:
    What's your protein intake like? Do you think you are recovering well?

ReputationRep:
    Just sounds like DOMS to me (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness).

Often occurs if you haven't worked out a specific muscle in a while.

If you can work through it, then do it. It shouldn't cause harm as long as it is just DOMS.

If you think it might be some form of injury then rest it.

ReputationRep:
    I've been skipped breakfast a lot since I came to uni and my God am I now snacking loads. I might try the 'Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper thing' :holmes:

Also, gym today :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    x
    Guess I could join in on this, since I'm already on a program. :yy:

marcusmerehay, male, 20
    Weight: 14 st 5ib (~91.5kg)
    Height: 5'11"
    Waist: 35 inches
    Reason: To increase fitness and be a bit slimmer.
    Goals: To be able to play a full 80 minutes of rugby/90 minutes of (outfield) football without burning out.

(Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Guess I could join in on this, since I'm already on a program. :yy:
    What program are you on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unborn-soul)
    What program are you on?
    It's one I've set up myself

Limiting myself to 2500 cals a day (Normally very difficult, as I get through a lot of complex carbs)

I already have 200 minutes of football (albeit in goal), 2 2-hour badminton sessions and occasionally a badminton match each week, so I supplement it with 3 gym sessions (Mon, Wed, Fri) that start with a 5-min sprint cycle (~2.5-3k), weight training and finished off with a 20-minute run (~3-3.5k).

Lost 2ib in the last 6 weeks which I'm perfectly happy with, I don't handle drastic weight loss well at all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.