Turn on thread page Beta

TSR BOOTCAMP, Numero Tres! - Let's Be Hot In 2011 watch

(Original post by Serentonin)
    Did pretty intense cycle training today, did 32 or so miles, hour and a halfs worth. Which burns about 300 calories or something stupidly low. One boost bar for energy (:suith:) = 300 calories. Baah.

Ahh well.
    As someone else once said to me focus on improvement in your performance not calories burnt or whatever. I think you deserved the boost bar. :yep:

Had Chinese for dinner. I think I might have over eaten today. :unsure:

I might do some HIIT later on if I can be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    I had a bad couple of days. I've been ill though so that's my excuse. The only exercise I've done is walking to and from uni, although it does involve a horribly steep hill! I had to cancel my gym induction too because my trainers haven't arrived and breathing is a struggle with my cold making my asthma worse. I will resume as soon as I can breathe through my nose again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    Why no exercise? Surely a combination of both would be useful.
    Indeed it does, it seems to be getting round to it thats the problem for me.

1st October: 1500 calorie intake - no exercise
    2nd October: 1900 calorie intake - no exercise
    3rd October: 1900 calorie intake - no exercise
    4th October: 1800 calorie intake - no exercise
    5th October: 2100 calorie intake - no exercise
    6th October: 1900 calorie intake - no exercise

ReputationRep:
    Went for a jog with my flatmates yesterday. I think it's going to be a daily thing, just as well as I'm now very unfit and have gained weight (fat, not muscle :sigh:)

Morning

I still haven't lost any lbs today. My sis told me that I should start consuming more calories and then i'll lose the lbs

How am I not losing anything?

ReputationRep:
    Whilst going jogging yesterday helped my freshers flu whilst jogging, it seems to be worse now (and was even worse after) :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a shocking diet at the moment. Off home to look at getting a motor this weekend and if I get it then I've got a job waiting for me with Domino's.

Downside: Going to spend a lot of time with my mate Pizza.

Upside: Won't have a 20 minute walk to the gym

ReputationRep:
    Caramelchan, 18, Female
    Weight: 12 stone
    Height: 5'7"
    Dress Size: 14
    Bust: 39 inches
    Waist: 30 inches
    Hips: 42 inches
    Reason: Make my arse not so massive
    Goals: Do a triathlon
    Special Remarks: I like swimming, but have stopped training a ridiculous number of hours and need to replace those hours with cycling and running.

(Original post by sauce)
    As someone else once said to me focus on improvement in your performance not calories burnt or whatever. I think you deserved the boost bar. :yep:
    Yes I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caramelchan)
    Caramelchan, 18, Female
    Weight: 12 stone
    Height: 5'7"
    Dress Size: 14
    Bust: 39 inches
    Waist: 30 inches
    Hips: 42 inches
    Reason: Make my arse not so massive
    Goals: Do a triathlon
    Special Remarks: I like swimming, but have stopped training a ridiculous number of hours and need to replace those hours with cycling and running.

Yes I agree
    Welcome to the thread, and also YAAAAY another person who does triathalon training :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I actually need to sort my diet out, I put cream on my museli this morning lol.

Am also cooking a roast for dinner so that's going to be healthy :rolleyes:

Ahh well, 18 miles biking done today, got circuit training tonight to help with my running, hopefully it won't be too lame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cunningstunt87)
    I'm having a shocking diet at the moment. Off home to look at getting a motor this weekend and if I get it then I've got a job waiting for me with Domino's.

Downside: Going to spend a lot of time with my mate Pizza.

Upside: Won't have a 20 minute walk to the gym
    Congrats on the job :yy:

I've worked for domino's before, beware of their cookies, they're so good even before they're cooked haha. Also our manager used to let us eat the pizzas if someone made one wrong... :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the thread, and also YAAAAY another person who does triathalon training :yy:
    Triathlon is fun, because it's less repetitive than just running or just swimming or just cycling. And you're using slightly different muscles for each one, so less pain and better results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caramelchan)
    Triathlon is fun, because it's less repetitive than just running or just swimming or just cycling. And you're using slightly different muscles for each one, so less pain and better results
    Yeah it's usually great, I'm killing myself training at the moment cuz I have a 1.9km open water swim, 56mile bike, 13.1mile run triathalon in 2 weeks time :eek: When are you planning to do your first/next(?) one?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the job :yy:

I've worked for domino's before, beware of their cookies, they're so good even before they're cooked haha. Also our manager used to let us eat the pizzas if someone made one wrong... :yep:
    Thanks. I used to work for Pizza Hut and we used to get a pizza at the end of the night. What are Domino's like to work for? I'm guessing it won't be too different from Pizza Hut.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to join!!
    I couldn't finish the last one cos I haven't had internet in likeeee 3 weeks. And I went back to uni so it's been alcohol, alcohol, alcohol, eating crap crap crap.
    But I went shopping yesterday and all I bought was healthy stuff

Female, 20
    Weight: Don't know... not sure if I want to know.
    Height: 5'7" (and a half)
    Dress Size: 10 (I think?)
    Bust: 35 inches
    Waist: 27 inches
    Hips: 37 inches
    Reason: To lose fat and be happy with my body.
    Special Remarks: I was doing well over the summer and was almost happy with the way I looked but then went to Reading then went back to uni and drank and ate so much crap. So I want to get back to how I was in the middle of August.

ReputationRep:
    Gym opens on Thursday :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Whilst going jogging yesterday helped my freshers flu whilst jogging, it seems to be worse now (and was even worse after) :sad:
    At least you chose not to let it stop you.

(Original post by unborn-soul)
    Morning

I still haven't lost any lbs today. My sis told me that I should start consuming more calories and then i'll lose the lbs

How am I not losing anything?
    Eating more food itself won't cause you to lose lbs. However if you allow yourself to do more exercise because the extra energy you get from the food it could help in that respect.

Also if the food contained something that caused you to lose fluid or to lower your appetite (such as certain bacteria/virus) it could contribute to lowering body weight. It isn't a particularly healthy / sensible way to lose weight though and would likely limit exercise and lower mood.

ReputationRep:
    1st October: 1500 calorie intake - no exercise
    2nd October: 1900 calorie intake - no exercise
    3rd October: 1900 calorie intake - no exercise
    4th October: 1800 calorie intake - no exercise
    5th October: 2100 calorie intake - no exercise
    6th October: 1900 calorie intake - no exercise
    7th October: 3400 calorie intake - no exercise
    8th October: 2500 calorie intake - no exercise

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's usually great, I'm killing myself training at the moment cuz I have a 1.9km open water swim, 56mile bike, 13.1mile run triathalon in 2 weeks time :eek: When are you planning to do your first/next(?) one?
    Not done one before... only just started training on anything other than swimming (started cycling because boyfriend and new job are in a town about 8 miles away with no regular bus route, but a cycle track, started running because that made the three!). So don't know, but I'd like to have an aim, so I'll probably sign up for one in the spring
    But aching from running yesterday... sad times.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.