Turn on thread page Beta

TSR BOOTCAMP, Numero Tres! - Let's Be Hot In 2011 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caramelchan)
    Aww. I've done a bit of open water.
    I think maybe you should try a wetsuit. Also, try it a bit closer to summer!
    Yeah, it's kinda cold at first, but I always use that as a reason to swim faster. After a couple of minutes, you do get used to it.
    But some people have really low tolerance to cold water. Like, when the heating at our local pool broke, they still let the club in. We got in to train one morning and it was freezing cold, so we were given the option to get out and one girl couldn't even do two lengths, simply because she really couldn't stand the cold, whereas others were in nearly an hour. I think it's a personal thing.
    Think I may have to invest in a wetsuit cos I'm not ready to give up, even during winter haha. I also read you have to acclimatise yourself to coldwater swimming gradually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepinkpowerranger)
    Think I may have to invest in a wetsuit cos I'm not ready to give up, even during winter haha. I also read you have to acclimatise yourself to coldwater swimming gradually...
    Definitely do it! I love open water swimming because it's like, super lovely as you watch the world go by to be fair, I've only done open water on nice days when it was sunny and a pretty location (Windemere last year was lush!) and the delicious warmth of a wetsuit. Except for that time when I was swimming with the guys and they would've bullied me if I'd worn a wetsuit because they weren't :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattGriff)
    It is admirable to have goals, however you must understand given your not even 10 stone at 18 your body frame is clearly very small and ectomorphic - there will be a massive limit to what you can achive weight wise.
    Even if it's just a small amount, it will help. Everyone has to start somewhere .

I'd rather go to uni with a year of weightlifting than going to uni with no experience at weight lifting.
    I joined the gym today, did a few chest/shoulder excercises:

Tricep Dips - Failure
    Dumbell bench press Incline - 12kg 3 reps of 12... seemed abit light, may try out 14kg next time...
    Shoulder press 30kg 3 reps of 12 - Assisted
    Shoulder press 10kg 3 reps of 12 - Free on dumbells

Oh and I am planning a routine with the gym staff tomorrow.
    Aiming to sort out nutrition too, but I can't afford protein shakes right now, so that will have to wait

Rowing Machine - 2000m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Today is going to be a bad bad diet wise, I've been really hungry all morning. I only have healthy food to snack on but I'm going shopping later... Shopping whilst hungry is dangerous...

Also, Rossshaw, you make me feel fat :dry:
    Sorry
    I don't like being this light! Good luck with your goals You can do it!

Hopefully, this time next year, I won't be so light! :plz2:

ReputationRep:
    Had a bad weekend. Went home to get my car and spent the weekend eating junk food. Gonna book a gym programme for Thursday, but now I have my car I have no excuse not to go!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cunningstunt87)
    Had a bad weekend. Went home to get my car and spent the weekend eating junk food. Gonna book a gym programme for Thursday, but now I have my car I have no excuse not to go!!
    Good luck man :p: You are in uni now, so that should make it slightly easier to avoid the junk food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattGriff)
    It is admirable to have goals, however you must understand given your not even 10 stone at 18 your body frame is clearly very small and ectomorphic - there will be a massive limit to what you can achive weight wise.
    (Original post by Rossshaw)
    Even if it's just a small amount, it will help. Everyone has to start somewhere .

I'd rather go to uni with a year of weightlifting than going to uni with no experience at weight lifting.
    I joined the gym today, did a few chest/shoulder excercises:

Tricep Dips - Failure
    Dumbell bench press Incline - 12kg 3 reps of 12... seemed abit light, may try out 14kg next time...
    Shoulder press 30kg 3 reps of 12 - Assisted
    Shoulder press 10kg 3 reps of 12 - Free on dumbells

Oh and I am planning a routine with the gym staff tomorrow.
    Aiming to sort out nutrition too, but I can't afford protein shakes right now, so that will have to wait

Rowing Machine - 2000m

You are right that you have to start somewhere. You are doing well as you have joined the gym and are pursuing doing a routine. It's also positive to improve your diet, you don't have to have protein shakes anyway to have a healthy/balanced diet, even if you can afford them.

The Ecto / Meso / Endo groups are generalised and few people fall into them exactly. The limits MatGriff talks about only apply if you believe them. Decide what your goals are going to be, work out how to get there, then do it.

It's important to think about what is fantasy/wishful thinking and what is realistic. However, if you believe you can, and if you see a way, then you can. Talking about someone's "massive limit" in an ambiguous manner is a very negative/discouraging way to talk to someone just getting into weightlifting. It would be a great deal more sad if Rossshaw chose to believe you.

Luke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lt001)
    You are right that you have to start somewhere. You are doing well as you have joined the gym and are pursuing doing a routine. It's also positive to improve your diet, you don't have to have protein shakes anyway to have a healthy/balanced diet, even if you can afford them.

The Ecto / Meso / Endo groups are generalised and few people fall into them exactly. The limits MatGriff talks about only apply if you believe them. Decide what your goals are going to be, work out how to get there, then do it.

It's important to think about what is fantasy/wishful thinking and what is realistic. However, if you believe you can, and if you see a way, then you can. Talking about someone's "massive limit" in an ambiguous manner is a very negative/discouraging way to talk to someone just getting into weightlifting. It would be a great deal more sad if Rossshaw chose to believe you.

Luke
    So its important to know what is wishful thinking, but if he can see if and can see a way he can do it love it!!!

His frame will dictate even with chemical assistance what amount of lean mass he can carry, and it is unlikely to be enough to support a first choice rowers build - I am simply using facts, not fantasy talk as you have chosen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rossshaw)
    Good luck man :p: You are in uni now, so that should make it slightly easier to avoid the junk food
    It wasn't last year. Used to get chips for lunch, and takeaways every night. Admittedly now I've living with mates, it's a little easier, as we're all reasonable cooks and capable of doing proper meals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cunningstunt87)
    It wasn't last year. Used to get chips for lunch, and takeaways every night. Admittedly now I've living with mates, it's a little easier, as we're all reasonable cooks and capable of doing proper meals.
    Ah, that's the way :p:. I am slightly worrying about how I am going to afford healthy food when I go into the halls. It's going to be a push, but I'll try to keep as healthy as I can!

Ok, my nutrition for the day:
    Breakfast:
    -Cereal
    -One slice of toast with butter
    -Tea w/milk
    -Banana
    -Orange Juice

Snack:
    -Apple and grapes

Lunch:
    -Tin of Beans on 2 slices of toast with cheese spread

Snack:
    Handful of mixed nuts with an Apple

Tea:
    Chicken with peas, green beans and chips

Supper:
    I will have a ham sandwich and a cup of tea with milk.

Oh and a Pint of Milk

I am currently drinking 3 litres of water a day.

ReputationRep:
    Just been to my first Pilates class today. I was scared it would be too easy but it wasn't- felt like a really good workout especially for the abs.

ReputationRep:
    I have done nothing in the way of exercise in ages. Bad times. I am however on placement, so running around like a lemon is enough of a workout! Still pretty sure i can feel my trousers getting tighter and tighter though.. mega bad times

ReputationRep:
    I've spent the day doing sporadic sets of bicep curls as I try to gain strength for the daily challenge of driving a car with no power steering.

B: Bowl of Muesli
    L: Super noodles, cheese and onion crisps and a whole tin of prunes.
    D: Homemade burger and a few oven chips,
    S: piece of apple pie when I got in from snooker.

Getting a programme written for me at the gym on Thursday (sort of an induction thing) and footy training Wednesday afternoon, so starting to pick it up a little (does snooker count as exercise?)

ReputationRep:
    Lets get some lady ass-inspiration from Shakira:

You work it, Shaki.

the last picture is a little bit wtff..

ReputationRep:
    I've been baaaaaaad. My friends went to pizza hut yesterday and I couldn't resist so I went too.
    Today needs to be extra healthy!!
    Breakfast: Special K and cup of tea
    Lunch: Tomato sandwich.
    Snack: Apple/orange
    Dinner: Jacket potato

That's my plan for the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sauce)
    the last picture is a little bit wtff..
    She does strange things, I don't doubt that (her old videos from before she spoke English are super-wtf). But I still love her.

ReputationRep:
    Also, this sort of stuff offends me:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but Shakiras hip shaking is just :drool: :tong:

(Original post by Sorani)
    Also, this sort of stuff offends me:

:nothing: I saw a facebook group saying something like "Curves and bum not no hips and no tum!" who wants a tum? :lolwut: which girl wants a big stomach :nothing:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.