Turn on thread page Beta

Who still has milk delivered to their doorstep? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you have milk delivered in the morning?
    Yes, i do
    34.44%
    I used to but not anymore
    34.44%
    No, and never have
    31.11%

ReputationRep:
    Who still has milk delivered to their doorstep? If anyone.

ReputationRep:
    No, but I know people that still do. Can you still get yoghurts from the milkman?

ReputationRep:
    Me. We get two pints delivered right on the foot off our doorway everyday at 7am, one half pint is fed to the cat who is getting abit on the chubby side and one and a half pint lasts us just about a day. In addition, we do have UHT milk as back up but we use pint milks because we're used to opening the bottles and recycling them and it also tastes more pure because of the way it's stored.

ReputationRep:
    We do at home. Milkman gets lazy though, they only deliver every two days now which really annoys me. They also choose not to read the notes I leave them asking not to deliver milk!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    We used to, but stopped when they started only delivering 2 days a week and the price went way up.

ReputationRep:
    We do. My mum can't get to the supermarket easily and I'm pathologically lazy so it's convenient. We get a free pint every Friday and free sample pints of fruit juice every now and then. The only problem is the milkman comes ridiculously early, often at 4 or 5am, and wakes me up by banging glass bottles around.

ReputationRep:
    I assumed it was still a common thing. Most people seem to round here. I don't, but my parents do.

ReputationRep:
    Someone on my street does. I know because I'm often woken at stupid o'clock by the sound of clinking bottles. I'd probably find it soothing if I was a morning person. I remember when I was kid and everyone's milk was delivered by the milkman. My mum used to leave the money for the week's milk on the doorstep. Simpler times.

I get a veg box delivery every week or so and I order milk to come with it, but that's not the same.

ReputationRep:
    I do. I know someone who gets OJ delivered too. I didn't know that happened till I saw it on the doorstep.

ReputationRep:
    Not any more, I miss those days.

My Dad says people round here used to get Lowcocks lemonade delivered to their homes, in a variety of flavours - then they'd return the empty bottle for 15p. :p:

I didn't know they still delivered milk :o:

ReputationRep:
    I put not anymore; as I live in a flat now, but I did when I lived at my parents house, and they still do. It's nice tbh, nice and fresh in the morning Bit expensive though, so I'm not sure I would even when I did live in a house.. I'd probably still just have a couple of bottles of cravendale delivered by the Tesco man!

ReputationRep:
    Milk, orange juice and sometimes eggs. I like knowing these products come from somewhere local.

ReputationRep:
    I do. To be honest I only realised a couple of years ago that not everyone gets milk from the milkman... :o: He comes round at about 1am- god knows why

ReputationRep:
    Soon I will buy my own cow and put it in my garden. Then the milk will return....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kilowattjester)
    Soon I will buy my own cow and put it in my garden. Then the milk will return....
    I vouch for this.

I'll put a cow and a chicken in my garden! but the cow will be treated as a battery cow, same for the chicken otherwise i wouldnt be able to use my garden for football/basketball.

ReputationRep:
    I used to, but the lazy milkman (who was actually about 10 years old I swear) wouldn't come until about 8am, which was too late!

ReputationRep:
    We do- the milkman comes at random hours during the night. Had a cup of tea with him once. Nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its the benefits of living next to the countryside.

Nobody steals your milk and you will know who did if anyone tried.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't aware there were so many people from the past, wait til you discover self service check outs and the internet... It'll blow your mind!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.