Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i did during the summer

not for the coffee i think it is gross i needed to use the tables and a 'quiet' area

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks is a complete waste of money.

I would rather drink nice coffee that I made myself at home.

ReputationRep:
    So I can mingle with the pretentious people that fill such an over priced place? No thank you. Ooh look at me with my Starbucks coffee, gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubJub211)
    The other day, I popped into my local off-license as you do and noticed what looked like a box of cappucino sachets, 10 sachets to be precise. Now I like to indulge in a cup of coffee everyday meaning every week, I imbibe 7 cups of coffee.

I was just thinking the other day, how expensive starbucks are, imagine you go there daily as I used to and order a cup of cappucino at £1.99, thats about £14 a week. In comparison, if I bought these sachets instead which are £1 for 10, or 1 for 10p then I'd be making a saving of £13.30 everyweek!

Does anybody else drink at starbucks everyday?! :eek3:
    Nope. Because of this reason exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herrond378)
    I will never buy drink from or buy anything by starbucks as the discriminate against people and i really cant stand that!
    So you don't go anywhere that descriminates against people? How do you ever go anywhere, if you don't mind my asking.

ReputationRep:
    why do people go there? it's not like the coffee is anything special. Plus the price is :no:. Not to mention that it's ****** annoying to see Starbucks cafes everywhere... Independent cafes are usually better - you just have to search for them (might that be why people choose to go Starbucks instead?).

ReputationRep:
    yes... i work there.

ReputationRep:
    I went there today (as well as my usual twice weekly Costa trip) because it was raining and I felt pretty miserable. It brightens up my grim commute and gives me 30 minutes to myself. Also, at my local branch, there are a LOT of cute guys so the £2.45 is justified....somewhat. I don't even drink coffee.

I just get the hot chocolate like the uncouth juvenile that I am.

ReputationRep:
    what is wrong in going to starbucks daily?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, definitely not.

I might pop into a coffee house for a hot chocolate very few weeks, but only if I'm feeling rich and with someone else who wants to go.

ReputationRep:
    almost every day that im at uni, so four days a week.
    i know their prices are extortionate but im addicted.

ReputationRep:
    Nah as I don't like coffee.

ReputationRep:
    its amaszing. tbu tesci sekll it chewaper really i tink, its lnot liek theres no tesco newar you uis thre?R

ReputationRep:
    Yes, i go there everyday. Im addicted to coffee and i have free refill of black coffee. And there's a starbucks close to my house which is just a 5 minutes drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meekle72)
    Leicester SU have a Starbucks, I'm going to be ruined
    Really? OMG! :woo:

I'm applying to Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    frappaccino all day
    FTW!!!

ReputationRep:
    I go to costas 3/4 times a week over autumn, winter and spring - there's one next to my 6th form. Then when I'm not there at the weekends I work in a coffee so get the fun of making all the drinks properly for myself for free. The amount of stuff I drink there for free probably makes up for the expensive costa drinks, but I love them regardless :o:

New York got me addicted to starbucks but we have no starbucks so I'm addicted to costa instead

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Way too expensive and it's easier to just buy a jar of coffee.

ReputationRep:
    Never been to Starbucks. There is a Cafe Nero near school and everyone wastes money on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Yes, i go there everyday. Im addicted to coffee and i have free refill of black coffee. And there's a starbucks close to my house which is just a 5 minutes drive.
    You'd better go by foot until there .
    However..your post made me laught.
    I've never been to Starbucks but I think I would like to go there..

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.