Turn on thread page Beta

Do you go starbucks daily? watch

ReputationRep:
    Not everyday as on weekdays I don't usually venture into town. There are no coffee places between my home and school.
    It always fascinates me how many variations of coffee there are. Never tried any of them other than a cappcino, quickly decided to stick to the medium white coffee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike_mike)
    You'd better go by foot until there .
    However..your post made me laught.
    I've never been to Starbucks but I think I would like to go there..
    Nah i dont want to walk to starbucks. Its too far if you're going to walk, but if you're driving its just gonna take you 5 mins.. Plus i cant be bothered to walk because im to tired, i walked/stand for 8 hours on my work..

ReputationRep:
    My best friend does. All the staff know exactly what he orders. XD

ReputationRep:
    Never been in one and never intend to. :yuck:

ReputationRep:
    No because I hate starbucks with a passion. Destroying cafe culture everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I was in starbucks was just before an interview and their steak sandwich was horrible...eurghh, never again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubJub211)
    The other day, I popped into my local off-license as you do and noticed what looked like a box of cappucino sachets, 10 sachets to be precise. Now I like to indulge in a cup of coffee everyday meaning every week, I imbibe 7 cups of coffee.

I was just thinking the other day, how expensive starbucks are, imagine you go there daily as I used to and order a cup of cappucino at £1.99, thats about £14 a week. In comparison, if I bought these sachets instead which are £1 for 10, or 1 for 10p then I'd be making a saving of £13.30 everyweek!

Does anybody else drink at starbucks everyday?! :eek3:
    I never go to starbucks, its not nearly as good as their market share makes out. I prefer small independant coffee shops, can't beat them.

I drink about 3-4 coffees per day.

ReputationRep:
    Back last year i went ad much as I could, even though the closest one was in another city. O would voluntarily ask people to go and offer to buy their coffee for them too; I love it that much.

Now since I'm in college I don't go as often but I do get some whenever o get the chance. I have two cups sitting in this room right now actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)
    I never go to starbucks, its not nearly as good as their market share makes out. I prefer small independant coffee shops, can't beat them.

I drink about 3-4 coffees per day.
    Now I will agree with you about the independent coffee shops; there is one about 10 minutes walking distance away and I go to that on the weekends. Amazing coffee.

ReputationRep:
    During work experience, I always had the urge to pop in to Starbucks everyday, especially because I went through West End to Warren street tube station, and my eyes were literally enveloped by gangs of businessmen holding their lattes et cetera. But just travelling to my work Placement all the way in Kentish Town was expensive in its self. And then again Kentish Town doesn't exactly sell cheap student food, THERE IS A MCDONALDS but it was not a good idea to take 'smelly' fastfood to a boardroom/dining room whilst everyone else is eating their trendy salads. So I had no choice but to spend a lot of MY money on over-priced and tasteless, salads, sandwhiches etc.

Anyway, I think starbucks can ONLY be enjoyed if you go there occasionally, like on shopping trip you just pop in and have a rest with your friends comparing Frappucinos.

ReputationRep:
    During work experience, I always had the urge to pop in to Starbucks everyday, especially because I went through West End to Warren street tube station, and my eyes were literally enveloped by gangs of businessmen holding their lattes et cetera. But just travelling to my work Placement all the way in Kentish Town was expensive in its self. And then again Kentish Town doesn't exactly sell cheap student food, THERE IS A MCDONALDS but it was not a good idea to take 'smelly' fastfood to a boardroom/dining room whilst everyone else is eating their trendy salads. So I had no choice but to spend a lot of MY money on over-priced and tasteless, salads, sandwhiches etc.

Anyway, I think starbucks can ONLY be enjoyed if you go there occasionally, like on shopping trip you just pop in and have a rest with your friends comparing Frappucinos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History-Student)
    So you don't go anywhere that descriminates against people? How do you ever go anywhere, if you don't mind my asking.
    I apologise, i put that incorrectly. They wont serve and the people that i work with!

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks is so expensive in the UK.. but their frappaccinos.. mmm

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.